Has anyone else here heard about May 1st and what do you think about it?

by WildHorses 62 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    we can't kick out 12 million people"....umm....why not?

The cost alone would would quadruple the debt to try and find every illegal that is in the country and that doesn't make sense. From an ethical standpoint, the law has allowed the children of illegals to be citizens of the country so what do you do with all the parents? Send them home and leave the kids where? Unless the businesses are penalized for hiring them, the hiring won't stop. Unless the border is reinforced and employment halted, it won't stopped. Disease, social assistance, education, taxes, language are all valid concerns with the issue and should have been dealt with years ago. They weren't and now there is another mess. Apparently 30% of all criminals being housed in the system are illegal - send those back to whereever they come from...as for the rest - it would cost less to simply grant them amnesty and reinforce the border. That way, sooner or later, the businesses that used them for cheap labour will find out that they too need to earn a half decent wage and be forced to pay them a fair rate. They will have the opportunity to join unions, pay income taxes, vote etc. sammieswife.

• G Money
    G Money

Open and closed borders are bad odeas. There needs to be a system. Criminals shouldn't be deported but made to serve time in Mexico to pay for their crimes. Otherwise they'll hop right back over. If we keep letting people go to the US easily, the US will go broke and be like Mexico City, one big metropolous with crime and craziness. The US needs labour but also needs to be fair to people in other countries who follow the law and pay and fill out forms and undergo background checks to emigrate.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"EDIT: upside/down - you are one paranoid person. I live in California, we have more Hispanics than the rest of the country combined. We also have more social programs and better public health care than any other state. But our taxes are lower than about 10 other states." can you prove that with statistics and references to those stats?

• upside/down
    upside/down

daniel-p...said...

you are so prejudice against Hispanics

WTF are you talking about? I am prejudice towards no one, 'cept assholes (of any nationality)... I will be in Mexico in two weeks for about the 100th time...I plan on retiring there if plans go right...

You my friend are an idiot! How you can take my statements and construe "prejudice" is amazing. You gotta stop watching CNN...it's fried your brain.

You sure you don't work for "Rev." Jesse Jackson or Sharpton? Nothing like throwing down the "race card" to shut an opponent up...huh?

You couldn't have avoided the real issue and tried to deeeemunize me any better if you tried. What's funny is...the Mexican's that are here legally and such (many of which I call my close friends)...don't even have pity for these illegals either... I guess that makes them racists too...****sigh****

Pull your head out moron!!! Look in the mirror "redneck" asswipe!.... or should I just say "liberal".

u/d(of the Don Julio class)

• heathen
    heathen

I say round em up send them back . If you notice if americans break the laws that these people do we actually suffer for it by going to prison or losing our lively hood . I really don't have compassion for illegals .

• roybatty
    roybatty
    we can't kick out 12 million people"....umm....why not?
    The cost alone would would quadruple the debt to try and find every illegal that is in the country and that doesn't make sense. From an ethical standpoint, the law has allowed the children of illegals to be citizens of the country so what do you do with all the parents? Send them home and leave the kids where? Unless the businesses are penalized for hiring them, the hiring won't stop. Unless the border is reinforced and employment halted, it won't stopped. Disease, social assistance, education, taxes, language are all valid concerns with the issue and should have been dealt with years ago. They weren't and now there is another mess. Apparently 30% of all criminals being housed in the system are illegal - send those back to whereever they come from...as for the rest - it would cost less to simply grant them amnesty and reinforce the border. That way, sooner or later, the businesses that used them for cheap labour will find out that they too need to earn a half decent wage and be forced to pay them a fair rate. They will have the opportunity to join unions, pay income taxes, vote etc. sammieswife.

1. Allow police officers to ask suspects if they are here illegally (it is now against the law to do so). 2. Change the law so that kids that are born here by illegals aren't automatically citizens. This is one of the dumbest laws I've ever heard of. For those that are here with kids that are citizens, an exception can be made. HOWEVER, if this particular group wants to become citizens, I would have a program were they can work their way towards it, similar to FDR's program during the Great Depression were millions of unemployed men worked building parks and such. Have these people work as payment to the U.S. 3. Yes, fine companies that hire willfully illegals HOWEVER change the laws and allow companies to investigate if someone is illegal. Right now if a person states to a company that they are here legally and provides some type of weak documentation but a company questions it, them can be sued. Regarding the cost of kicking out illegals, well, what is the price you pay for having secure boarders and laws. Besides, I'm not saying that we need to create yet ANOTHER government agentcy, just allow law enforcement to do their job.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    allow companies to investigate if someone is illegal

There is a process that is already in place and has been for years apparently - any employer can call up a site and enter the SSN for a person that will validate the data the person has given. That is the fastest way for any employer to check and see if the applicant is legal - but - only 5% or so of any business use this system.

I think the time spent on the floor arguing and debating the issue is just going to prolong it. If the next Mexican president is hard line and anti-American, things are just going to get worse.

On an added note regarding the labor etc., I find it interesting that California has halted a lot of milk coming in from Arizona (I think) because it sells in California for abt 2.00 whereas local State milk costs a dollar more. Mexican farmers are saying how the importation of milk products from California have hurt their farming because they can no longer sell for the same lower price offered by the American companies. It's a vicious circle. sammieswife.

• flag
    flag

I haven't read all the comments but my point of view on this issue as a mexican is, that we came to a house uninvited, the owner of the house was kind enough to let us stay and work for them, specially in california things are not going well economically so now the "owner of the house" has to make a decision and cut expenses. And they have to start with the visitor.

If we don't like how the owner of the house is running things we can go back to were we came from.

I don't agree with the "demanding" attitude that the activists are getting, they are only putting more pression on the illegals.

On the other hand, if the goverment really wants to get rid of the illegal problem, there is already a law that punishes employers for hiring illegals but they don't enforce it. They don't even need to build a wall or have amnesty just enforce that law and problem solve. But why they don't do it? Because the big corporations contribute a lot of money to campaigns and they want the cheap labor.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

One of the biggest problems I notice is illegal immigration contributes to identity theft. Many illegal immigrants get "fake" social security numbers to get a job, open a bank account, etc. Usually these numbers are actually attached to real people. At the company I work for we get notifications from the DOJ when someone's number comes back as not belonging to them. It's really ironic how the management here will feel bad for them when these people are stealing someone's identity. I heard a story on NPR that said that with the Guest Worker Program, Mexicans will be outbid for labor by guest workers from Asia and the Middle East who will work for even less than what Mexicans are making. People in Mexico make more per hour than what people in China do.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

it's not only Mexicans sneeking thru our borders it is people of other countries. For some it is easier and cheaper to come thru Mexico. I am near the border and see Border Patrol raids. Even worked at the office for a little bit. We had a van full of Chinese come in and no one could translate because they had different dialects. there have been Asian, India who knows what. How do you know if your next terrorist comes from getting across the border?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit