Confession me reply to your message RE Richie

by Beep,Beep 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

unclebruce,

"" Would Beep Beep condem Simon Weisenthals much lauded 'theft' of Nazi documents proving the holocaust? Sinse he hasn't replied, I guess so. The Nazis were extrremely pissed off but who gave a sh*t about that? Only fellow fascists. I raised this point before - it went unanswered yet the dopey wanker raises the issue of theft again here in this self-pleasuring thread. Beep beep thinks he's pulling our chain but in reality he's pulling something nearer and dearer. ""

What, did you miss it?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/111671/1951844/post.ashx#1951844

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Nice mrsjones5. Is that a self portrait?

Don't play stupid Beep, it doesn't become you.

See that picture to the left, that's really me.

Josie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Moreover, some products derived from one of the four primary components may be so similar to the function of the whole component and carry on such a life-sustaining role in the body that most Christians would find them objectionable.
    This one paragraph would seem to blow your claim that 100% of fractions are accepteble out of the water.

Except that there is no statement that there are any fractions that are objectionable meaning any JW can choose (without censure of any kind) to accept ALL available fractions derived from whole blood. Which means, your quote confirms, rather than dispels, my earlier statements.

Although, I fully understand why you might wish to dispel the reality I posted. It remains reality. And if you write a letter to the WTS you will find that they will not instruct you to avoid any blood fraction derived from the four primary components.

Ultimately, while my reasoning on that issue is correct, that is still beside the point. According to the WTS the reason for not taking blood is out of respect for the sanctity of blood. If any products are derived from blood, where is the respect for the sanctity of the blood from whence it came? I would call it hypocrisy if one-tenth of one percent derived from one primary component were allowed, the sanctity of blood is not respected if the product used is derived from blood.

If the sanctity of blood is the issue. But it is not the issue. I have proof. 100% of fractions derived from whole blood are doctrinally allowed (that is, permitted by creed, whether someone chooses to accept them or not) while maintaining a doctrine of the sanctity of blood. If you weren't so favorable to JW dogma, you would be able to see the nonsense of this with no problem.

I don't suppose you would care to provide an example of this "lying"? Without knowing what you are refering to, it would be silly for one to attempt to address it.

Sure thing.

Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace (1986) pp. 9-11, pars. 14-16 The Way to Enjoy Peace With God
    14 With painful hurt to themselves, most of mankind do not desire to accept or to believe in the Almighty God’s provision for his worshipers to enjoy relative peace and security even in this most lamentable state of human affairs. However, Jehovah is “the God who gives peace,” and it is our blessed privilege now to enter into a peace and security that will never fail. (Romans 16:20; Philippians 4:6, 7, 9) It is a peace and security that he gives even now to his body of earthly servants, his visible organization, in fulfillment of his ever-reliable promises. It is a peace and security that we can enjoy only in association with his visible organization on earth.
    15 It would be out of line with the plain teachings of the Scriptures to believe that God does not have an organization, an organized people, that he exclusively recognizes. Jesus Christ recognized that his heavenly Father had a visible organization. Until Pentecost 33 C.E., it was the Jewish organization in covenant relationship with Jehovah God under the Law of Moses.—Luke 16:16.
    16 Just as the ancient nation of Israel was in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God through the mediator Moses, so the nation of spiritual Israel, “the Israel of God,” has a covenant relationship through a mediator. (Galatians 6:16) It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

"Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants."

That is a lie. Try this exercise: Explain the term Jewish proselyte without any reference to Moses being the mediator for those who were not fleshly descendants of Abraham. Under the Law (a covenant mediated by Moses) there was no distinction between a natural Jew and a Jewish proselyte. If you can explain that one, then explain the relationship between Jehovah and the vast mixed company that accompanied Israel from Egypt without calling Moses their mediator.

It is a pretty big lie, too. One that implies that Jesus was not the mediator for all mankind. Since it isn't true, for those who believe this lie their mediator is robbed from them. They repeated this lie in 1989. (Watchtower August 15, 1989, p. 30 Questions From Readers) This lie stands as current doctrine for Jehovah's Witnesses to this very day.

I understand why they tell that lie. They know that otherwise all mankind has an oportunity to come into covenant relationship with God through Jesus—for adoption. Which would destroy their 144,000 doctrine (which doctrine includes another lie they tell about the Faithful and Discreet Slave being appointed over Christ's belongings).

The stated purpose was to obtain a library card. Some here have scoffed at such a claim.

I have never scoffed at that claim. I believe them.

Being recognised as an NON GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION is not the same thing as joining the UN.

I agree. In fact, they are still recognized as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). They were recognized as such long before they ever filled out an Application for Association with the UN/DPI NGO Section.

An Association is a class of membership. Not a membership to the UN, an NGO cannot become a member of the UN, that membership is reserved for governmental organizations like the United States of America. But it was an Associate membership to the UN/DPI. There is a separate Associate membership available for NGOs to the UN/ECOSOC, with very different Criteria for Association. The WTS never became a member of the UN or of the UN/ECOSOC, but they did become an Associate member of the UN/DPI.

And that is what's upsetting to me.

17 If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector.""

You posted the very Scripture that cinches my point. Who is the congregation, Beep,Beep, if not the people? Under the Jewish system, this referred to the court at the city gates. It was public, so yes...if he does not listen a first time, and he does not listen a second time, air it publicly. That is what the NT says to do.

Notice, the word "you" is lowercase...it was an individually decided matter, not an announced edict enforcible by similar expulsion, whether to treat someone as a man of the nations and a tax collector.

I know you didn't intend to twist Scripture. You were taught to understand that Scripture a certain way and have probably never looked at it in its historical context before. What did Jesus' listeners understand him to mean? I could care less what a bunch of boorish corporate heads in the 1930s tried to twist it into.

Somehow I can't picture the Mexican government allowing such a thing to occur.

This only demonstrates your chasmal ignorance of the rampant corruption that still permeates the Mexican government and authority structures down to this very day. The situation was far worse in years past. Study that country's history, my friend, you don't know how bad it was. Seriously, Wayne and Joy Preble are mentioned in that letter, are currently serving as Special Pioneers in Spanish territory in California, and were in the country when the matter was being questioned.

Wayne was there as a Missionary, he was assigned to form congregations. There is no way he would be unaware of this practice, and may have been—in part—responsible for the generation of that initial request for clarification. I can get their personal phone number for you, or their address if you prefer to write. If you are concerned about my honesty, I recommend that you independently call the Service Desk at Brooklyn first to confirm that they are currently assigned as Special Pioneers in North Hollywood, California (the list of SPs serving in the US is rather short).

If you would prefer to communicate with them on this matter without any input from me, you might find out if the Service Desk is able to forward a letter to them in their assignment. This way, you need not concern yourself with whether I am telling you the correct address for them.

At the Salón del Reino where they meet (my wife and I visited) there are no English meetings there. There are two Spanish congregations and a Philipino congregation. You can claim "crock of..." whatever you want. But you have done nothing to either confirm or deny the factuality of the claim.

It isn't unusual that people in the US during that period would know nothing of that, or care. They don't care what happens in Mexico now, why would they care about what happened back then? How many elderly Mexicans did you ask who were living in Mexico at the time?

Somehow I can't picture the Mexican military going along with such a thing.

In Mexico, Honduras, Dominican Republic, and many other places...nothing is legal until you pony up a bribe—suddenly it is legalized. Conversely, with a large enough bribe, anything is legal, including murder. Just because you have (obviously) never lived any length of time south of the border or in the Caribbean doesn't make stories of bribery exaggerated.

Here is a paper published by Professor Steven David Morris: Corruption and Mexican Political Culture , Journal of the Southwest 23 (3), 2003: 671-708 (PDF format)

Here is the Professor's Curriculum Vitae

Educate yourself, then speak. (Proverbs 18:13) Basically, the reason none of this bothers you can be summed up that you don't believe any of it is true. I wonder how you will explain the proselytes to me without including Moses as mediator.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• willyloman
    willyloman

Nice post, Auld Soul. Guess beep-beep found it prettty hard to argue with as he's disappeared from the discussion.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Whatever happened to beep-beep?

• KW13
    KW13

coyote got him.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""In actual practice, here's what a highly influential HLC member who runs one of many successful "bloodless surgery" units in a major hospital said in telling me how he explains the use of fractions to dub patients who present with serious complications and need to make a decision on blood: ""

Why does this statement seem wrong? A member of the HLC, runs a "bloodless surgery" unit? As far as I can determine ALL members of the HLC are witnesses. Therefore this statement reeks as being untrue.I see no reason to accept anything this person says.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

AuldSoul,

I had started to answer this as a single reply and then I hit the wrong button and lost it all. I will break it down to smaller sections and hope I don't make the same mistake again.

""Except that there is no statement that there are any fractions that are objectionable meaning any JW can choose (without censure of any kind) to accept ALL available fractions derived from whole blood. Which means, your quote confirms, rather than dispels, my earlier statements.""

""Moreover, some products derived from one of the four primary components may be so similar to the function of the whole component and carry on such a life-sustaining role in the body. ""

No, law, nothing declared off-limits? Damn, imagine that, someone would have to think, think and decide for themselves. Oh, wait, that can't be! Witnesses are mindless zombies, incapable of thinking for themselves. But, but, there isn't any law so one MUST think, but witnesses can't think on their own. But there is no hard fast rule which would require one to think.

Hmm. a matter of conscience. So what one person decides is acceptable, someone else could reject. Which one is right? Should I be allowed to condemn someone because their conscience allows them to accept something I would not?

Sorry I cannot agree with your statement. I see it implied that one would have to DECIDE for themselves.

""Although, I fully understand why you might wish to dispel the reality I posted. It remains reality.""

In your opinion, which I do not agree with.

""And if you write a letter to the WTS you will find that they will not instruct you to avoid any blood fraction derived from the four primary components.""

Exactly. And why should they? Such are a matter of conscience. That would require one to think, research, and then DECIDE for themselves. Which would also go a long way in dispelling the myth that witnesses do not think for themselves.

I'll continue a little later with Mexico and your example of a "lie"

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Guess beep-beep found it prettty hard to argue with as he's disappeared from the discussion.""

Not so. Between work and jury duty I haven't been near a computer for a while. Nice to know your opinion of me though.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""coyote got him.""

Never happened!

See earlier post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit