Confession me reply to your message RE Richie

by Beep,Beep 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/110696/1933303/post.ashx#1933303 ;"Beep Beep" ridicules me as a 'laughing stock"""

Nice there Danny. I believe I used the phrase "just short of a laughing stock"

Your site was one of the first I visited when I got the internet at home. The pictures of you, in what I can only describe as an "unkempt condition", nearly DROVE me away from using the internet. There you were looking EXACTLY as an apostate was supposed to look. I wonder how many YOU DROVE back to the meetings with those photos?

• lilybird
    lilybird

Not everything is so black and white as to what is morally right or wrong.. Years ago..Rosa Parks broke the law by sitting at the front of the bus because she believed it was morally wrong to have to go to the back simply because of skin colour. The police officer who arrested her for that apoligized to her but said he had no other choice.. Sorry but I view Richie obtaining the book.. not as theft..but as a moral objection to the way a cult trains their elders to "shepherd " the flock..The information in the book clearly states the stand the society takes on pedophilia.. that they don't take it seriously as they should..only when pushed to do so... They feel apostasty and questioning the GB is a much worse crime..

• seven006
    seven006

Beep,

You’re back and have now added fashion consulting to your resume. I’ll have to agree with your statement about Danny’s appearance. How can a guy not wearing a suit and tie convince anyone of anything? It’s how people look that is important damn it! After all, a guy with a tie cannot lie. Not only that, but those JW kids look so cute in those JC Penny suits. Those suites hide all the psychological scars of their abusive brainwashing and cult programming. I know mine did. Stupid Danny! Buy a suit damn it or I’m going back to the kingdom hall!!!

I also have to agree with you when it comes to Richie “stealing” that book. I know when I was a cop and we went about gathering evidence in a crime I had a hard time taking things that didn’t belong to me. We even had a cop credo that said, “if your name is not on that bag of drugs or AK47 automatic weapon, or you did not buy it yourself or ask the drug dealer permissions to take them, then just leave them be, they are not yours to take.

I guess it’s all in ones perspective to whether it’s stealing or gathering evidence.

Richie should have asked the elders if they minded him taking the book. I’m sure they would have said it was fine. After all, just like the drug dealers, the elders don’t have anything to hide. Do they?

Thanks for continually showing us both sides Beep. It’s a good thing you came back. All the logic and reasoning on this board from all the other posters was starting to really bore me.

You may say you are out of the cult, but it’s obvious to me at least, that the cult is certainly not out of you.

Have a nice day.

Dave

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

So, Beep,Beep, if you are NOT, I repeat NOT, one of Jehovah's Witnesses...why do you frequently support their dogma?

And I assumed you must have had a busy week. And I do care.

Since you now claim not to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, please replace references to belonging and membership with a derivative of defending or similar sentiment and answer the questions accordingly.

Previously when I asked you, you declined to answer me whether or not you were a JW. There is nothing compelling you to do so, but someone who routinely is an ardent defender of the teachings of a very fringe group shouldn't be surprised if someone provisionally assumes they are a member of that group.

I apologize for making an incorrect assumption, but I did try to get that information straight from you so I won't feel guilty about my provisional assumption.

I still want to know why you defend their teachings when this outright and taught deceit is an integral part of their doctrine.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Beep Beep,

so you never heard of a cover up? And you are saying there is no two witness rule? Everyone here knows you are wrong. Who are you trying to fool?

In the HIngham MA congregation in 2003, I found out that my son who was 7 at the time was going to the bathroom unsupervised along side an elderly "brother" who was jailed many times before for raping and sodomizing young boys. I found out because a sister came to see me and begged me not to let my son out of my sight. She told me she was on the phone for over an hour argueing with an elder, the service overseer, about the fact that he should warn our family about this man. His response was this: "well, we do not know if so and so has done anything like this recently so if we tell this family and it gets around the hall, so and so may sue us for slander". WHAT? If the guy went to jail for this in the past, how can it be slander? When this sister persisted, the "elder" than said, "well we also don't want the nieghbors next to the KH to know about this or it will give Jehovah a bad name". Do you think for one minute, God would allow a child rapist to stay in the nation of Isreal, lets say? Or would that person not have been stoned to death right away? And then this "elder" told the sister that if she DARED to speak a word of it to me or my husband, SHE would be brought before a judicial committee. This child molestor pervert even spent the night at another families home with a young child, when he knew full well he was not to be around young children. If my worldly police make these people register as sex offenders to protect kids, why doesn't the society warn parents of young children in the halls. Well, we left that congregation and then went a few towns over to Holbrook, MA and were there less than a year. GUESS WHAT?....................YOU GUESS WHAT YET?.....................WE GOT ANOTHER WARNING OF A PEDOPHILE OVER THERE! LIke Danny and others have said over and over again, it is totally rampant. There is this McClean guy right now who is being looked for. The reporting to the Police is a new thing because most states now mandate it but still, you can be sure it is not done unless there are two witnesses in most congregations. Imagine that the worldly laws had to get involved because Gods own organization does not know how to do the right thing? You are not fooling anyone by saying its not true. We have all been there and have no reason to lie.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

Just a note regarding SteveNYC's excerpt of the Holly case. (I hadn't read this thread before so this is the first I saw it) It is on page 2.

Anyway, I think it bears pointing out that what is excerpted and underlying was the DISSENTING opinion of one of the judges and as such it does not reflect the holding of the case nor the opinion of the majority (other 2 judges).

In essence, the underlying conclusions and inferences are merely his reasoned conclusions and inferences but may not represent fact and do not represent any legal findings.

Additionally, even these dissenting comments do not indicate a "cover-up" (as Beep-Beep refers to) but rather they indicate that this judge believed the Elders culpable - something very different.

-Eduardo

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Previously when I asked you, you declined to answer me whether or not you were a JW. There is nothing compelling you to do so, but someone who routinely is an ardent defender of the teachings of a very fringe group shouldn't be surprised if someone provisionally assumes they are a member of that group.""

Sorry I don't remeber you asking so I don't remember declining to answer you.

As for defending others, do you sit back and allow others to be smeared? Yes that's how I view it, a smear campaign.

Blood? I see no reason to reject a clear Biblical injunction. Blood fractions? Not going to get involved with it. Doesn't apply to me. No blood period, my choice.

We have posted about 1975. I STILL have not found a single concise statement that proves 1975 was going to be the END. You see it another way.

Child abuse/molestation. I am insulted when it is claimed that Jehovah's Witnesses cover up such. It is the BLANKET statement that is insulting. Did you cover for a molester when you were in? Did anyone here knowing cover up a single molestation while they were in? I didn't.

I have read on several other boards where ALL female witnesses are whores. I take exception to that.

I have read of people attacking Moslems after 9/11. Should I sit back and allow that to happen to innocent people as well? Should I ignore these when they happen in front of me or worse should I join in?

Sorry but I will not stand by and watch such happen to anyone, witness, Moslem or any other minority.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""You’re back and have now added fashion consulting to your resume.""

No such thing. I was only pointing out ....oh the hell with it. You can think what ever you want.

""I also have to agree with you when it comes to Richie “stealing” that book. I know when I was a cop and we went about gathering evidence in a crime I had a hard time taking things that didn’t belong to me. We even had a cop credo that said, “if your name is not on that bag of drugs or AK47 automatic weapon, or you did not buy it yourself or ask the drug dealer permissions to take them, then just leave them be, they are not yours to take.""

Dave if you WERE a cop then you KNOW the difference. Otherwise it's not worth the time anymore.

Sorry but I refuse to worship at the temple of bashing jehovah's witnesses. You don't like it, so be it. If this annoys others, so be it as well.

You have a wonderful day

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""You can also see that case here http://www.nh.gov/judiciary/supreme/opinions/2005/berry081.htm so you know its not those pesky apostates making stuff up.""

Shame on you! You really need to read the whole transcript not just part of it. Take for instance the following, also from the same transcript:

There are no factors present that establish any special relationship between

the plaintiffs and Watchtower or Wilton Congregation. See Roman Catholic Bishop

v. Superior Ct., 50 Cal. Rptr. 2d 399, 406 (Ct. App. 1996) (no special relationship

exists between a church and its parishioners). "The creation of an amorphous common

law duty on the part of a church or other voluntary organization requiring it to

protect its members from each other would give rise to both unlimited liability and

liability out of all proportion to culpability." Bryan R. v. Watchtower Bible & Tract

Soc., 738 A.2d 839, 847 (Me. 1999) (quotation omitted), cert. denied, 528 U.S. 1189

(2000) (parishioner’s allegation that he was sexually assaulted by an adult church

member when he was a child did not establish special relationship with church despite

fact that elders knew of the abuse). We decline to hold that the fact of church

membership or adherence to church doctrine by the plaintiffs’ parents creates a special

relationship between the plaintiffs and Watchtower or Wilton Congregation.

We also disagree with the plaintiffs’ assertion that special circumstances exist in

this case such that an especial temptation and opportunity for Berry’s criminal

misconduct was created by Watchtower and Wilton Congregation. There is no allegation

that the elders created any opportunity for Berry to abuse his daughters. As noted,

there was no allegation that the alleged abuse took place on congregation property or

at congregation-related activities. There is no allegation that the elders acted in

any way other than by providing spiritual guidance and scriptural advice, at the request

of the plaintiffs’ mother. We hold that the plaintiffs have failed to establish either

a special relationship with the defendants or that special circumstances existed in which

Watchtower and Wilton Congregation created an especial temptation for criminal conduct

by Berry. Consequently, there is no common law duty running from Watchtower and Wilton

Congregation to the plaintiffs and the trial court’s ruling that a duty existed requiring

Watchtower and Wilton Congregation to dispense "common sense advice to the church member

and a reporting of the abuse to the authorities" is erroneous as a matter of law.

The special circumstances exception should never be triggered by the mere failure of a

citizen to report actual or suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement authorities or by

a citizen’s improper advice concerning an appropriate response to complaints of criminal

activity. Otherwise, the general rule which imposes no duty on citizens to prevent the criminal

acts of third parties will be swallowed up and civil liability unreasonably extended. The dissent

suggests that if the elders had counseled Poisson to report the abuse to secular authorities

they would have satisfied their common law duty to the plaintiffs, even if Poisson did not follow

their advice. Apparently, knowledge by the elders of alleged criminal conduct and a failure to

report it would not be sufficient to create civil liability but failure to dispense proper advice

to the person disclosing the conduct would be. Poisson, however, had her own independent and

overarching duty to protect her children from abuse perpetrated by her husband and had a common

law obligation to intervene regardless of any advice she received. No special circumstances

exist in this case to justify civil liability against Watchtower or Wilton Congregation.

Because we hold that Watchtower and Wilton Congregation have no common law duty to protect the

plaintiffs and that the plaintiffs may not bring a private cause of action for the alleged failure

of the elders to comply with RSA 169-C:29, we affirm the trial court’s dismissal of the plaintiffs’

action, albeit for different reasons. We need not, therefore, address the remaining arguments.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Your site was one of the first I visited when I got the internet at home. The pictures of you, in what I can only describe as an "unkempt condition", nearly DROVE me away from using the internet. There you were looking EXACTLY as an apostate was supposed to look. I wonder how many YOU DROVE back to the meetings with those photos?

Really, Beep? Well I had a different reaction. Danny's sight was also one of the first I visited and I saw an impassioned man who had been hurt by his religion and betrayed by what he thought was the truth. Of course, I don't know how apostate are supposed to look, but his appearance looked all right to me. We live in a casually dressed society and that is one reasons why witnesses and mormons stand out. They are both always in their suits.

I am an elder in my congregation and am contantly warned about the evils of the internet, but seeing Danny spurred me on to read more and to find out what his beef was all about. Now that I understand I can say that I sympathize with him and totally agree with him that the Watchtower society lies and will do anything in its power just to maintain its statua quo.

I am in awe of your amazing ability to ignore the shortcomings in your own religion. Bo blood, 1975, pedophilia cover ups...... However, in another sense I envy you. It must be nice to stick your fingers in your ears, to sing la-la-la-la, and to just pretend that everything is okay. It will save you a lot of stress. You are a true witness, a credit to the organization and I see Governing Body in your future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit