What Are You Paying For Gas Prices Now?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I am sure the boys in Detroit will design whatever the American Public wants to buy.

Bear in mind that high fuel prices haven't had any impact on UK car use. Not that there is any infrastructure to speak of beyond road travel. And every weeek sees the opening of another out of town retail park with acres of car park that you have to drive to (passing your local High Street on the way).

Bah.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

It's never going to get better. Oil companies know that people will pay $3.00 $6.00 + per gallon for their fuel. Let's pretend for a minute that someone finds a corn alcohol based fuel that can replace Motor oil, gasoline and even desiel. It will cost him pennies to produce. How much will he sell it for? $3.00 to $6.00 dollars a gallon. The word is greed.

• magoo
    magoo

I am in Portland,Oregon doing a job. I filled my 2006 Ford F-150 pickup last week...........$95.00, $2.69 @ gallon ! Upon arrival here 5 weeks ago, it was $2.39 @ gallon, $ 75.00 to fill up. It is now up to $2.79 @ gallon. It will cost me over $ 100.00 next time I fill up !

When I got my very first car many, many ,many years ago, $7.00 would fill the 22 gallon tank. Even then I thought that sure was a lot of money. It doesn't matter what we pay for fuel, it will ALWAYS seem to be too much!

magoo

• caligirl
    caligirl

We paid $3.03 last night here. They profiled a gas station on the news that is charging $3.56 for reg. unleaded.

I would not feel it was so ridiculous to pay so much for what we need to live if we were not paying so much in taxes. Somehow if we had more of the 30% taxes we pay in our pocket each month, paying more for gas wouldn't seem as bad.

• JH
    JH

Now imagine if the US goes to war with Iran.....then the gas prices will double

• juni
    juni

Sad Emo, hi

Yes. About one third of our salary goes toward taxes. State, Fed, Social Security/Medicare.

Our gas taxes are much lower than yours though in Wisconsin they have a high gas tax which is supposed to go to the fund for keeping up the roads. Actually they do pretty good, though our winters are very hard on the roads. They are not as good as years ago, but that reflects the high price for repairs.

Juni

• juni
    juni

JH,

I really don't feel that this country will go to Iran. They know that the oil will be cut off. Iran is already laughing at the world because of these high fuel costs.

And the WT wants MORE AND MORE money from people who are having a hard time as it is paying for essentials and gas spent in f. service. And then there are the summer assemblies coming up. That costs a lot for families.

Juni

• minimus
    minimus

Today in Beverely Hills it's $4.09 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hubert
    hubert

2 or 3 days ago, The news media said that people are not buying as much gas as they usually do.

Yesterday, they said that some stations are reporting "low" fuel tanks.

You can see what they are already planning....Okay, people don't want to buy a lot of gas, let's just fake a gas shortage, and people will run out and buy all they can, for whatever price we want to sell it to them for. They think the general public are all stupid. We all know the plan, they did it to us in the 80's.

Problem is, they will get away with it, because the government won't stop them.

Hubert

• juni
    juni

I heard the opposite. People are still going to go on w/their summer vacation plans, etc.

There were shortages in the East. It was on the MSN news homepage. The shortages were due to getting rid of gas that had an additive that is environmentally unsafe.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit