Strange Aussie Language...

by zeroday 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What is with all these Tuvaluans? I didnt know they had the internet there.

OR is it just a dig at the latest GB member, the Aussie Geoff Jackson who was a special pioneer on Tuvalu?

• zagor
    zagor

jwfacts mate,
    I could by your next door neighbour ;-)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Piggy Muldoon, one of New Zealand's greatest economists, once said that every New Zealander who migrates to Australia increases the average intelligence of both countries. The two Kiwis who remained at home really should set up a bank or something, and stop poncing around on your magnificent snowfields and eating all the crays.

Line from New Zealand national anthem...

'God blessed New Zealand he gave us boiling mud...'

• Satanus
    Satanus

Steph

Canadians don't have a chip on their shoulders about their usa nieghbor. It;s the other way around.

S

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

hey JW what do you mean the "ex Jw's", the spiros go clubbing and druggin' pretty good too!!

i suspect a few eastern states Kiwis slipped across the border and corrupted the dear young bros and sisters !!!!

And unc would ya like sum FUSH UN CHUPS

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

At one time a few years ago, I knew a gal from Australia (Adelaide, South Australia).

I loved her accent. Very cool.

I also got a lesson in the differences in the Australian dialect (or at least her local dialect), and ours up here. There are a few terms that I picked up. Once one knows the 'meanings', it all makes sense, really.

I also learned what Vegemite was. Like it, too. Was able to eat it with my toast - although I discovered that I was spreading it on too thick. *grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit