Strange Aussie Language...

by zeroday 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

ROFL @Uncle Bruce.

Its actually very RUDE to mix up Aussies and Kiwis. I was shocked and disgusted to realise it actually happens. Do Americans think NZ is an Island off of Australia or something?

A know a plaster is a band aid but I thought that was a UK term.

Americans and Canadians sound the same to me.

• merfi
    merfi

Do Americans think NZ is an Island off of Australia or something?

You mean it ISN'T???

~merfi

• luna2
    luna2
    Do Americans think NZ is an Island off of Australia or something?

Sort of do. Guess I'd better go find a map, huh.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Americans and Canadians sound the same to me.

There is a definate Canadian Accent ah.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Welcome to JWD Aphrodite,

Like your avatar !

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Like your avatar !

Me too. Could use some bigger pics had to get out my magnifier glass.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey Aussie and Kiwis, wouldn't you say it is better to be confused with eachother then being confused with the British? I know too many people who say they cannot tell the difference between "the lot of yous". But then again, those people did not have all their teeth and were wearing wife beaters. So I don't know if we can go based on their impression.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Thanks for the welcome!

NZ is only an Island off of Australia in the same way that New Guinea is or Indonesia for that matter. It don't belong to us! Haha!

• Es
    Es

heheh im with unclebruce....wheres the aussie language??????

Perhaps you should rephrase the topic to strange NZ language.

We dont use the word plaster we use the word bandaid.

es

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

NZ was involved in the original inter-colonial talks about forming the Commonwealth of Australia, and although they are still welcome to join, according to Section 6 of the Australian Constitution, they decided to go it alone.

Before that, the New South Wales government administered New Zealand up until the 1840s, when they got their own Governor.

My brother just got back from NZ and told me yesterday about how surprised he was about the giant chip New Zealand has on its shoulder about Australia. I said "Yeah - you'd think we were the USA and they were Canada. wouldn't you?" To which he totally agreed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit