Strange Aussie Language...

by zeroday 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

They could read?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Let me say this about that. The Brits were once a world power. They still are. Without their far reaching insight on world affairs, everything from the American Revolution to the Australian Penal Colony this world would be a different place. LONG LIVE THE BRITISH EMPIRE....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

OK cheers to that

..just when I was getting ready to break open the colourfiul Australian language

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Hey Uncle Bruce, I was born and raised in Adelaide too. Which congregation did you frequent?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Prospect, Fulham Gardens, Elizabeth East, Paradise, Woodville, Whyalla, Oodnadatta ;)

• Mackin
    Mackin

Who dares compare the holy Kiwi language with that defilement of English the Aussies speak?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ay bro .. utz abut tum yoo gut hurr ay!

• Mackin
    Mackin

***My brother just got back from NZ and told me yesterday about how surprised he was about the giant chip New Zealand has on its shoulder about Australia.***

Nah, It's just good natured rivalry, we love youse Ozziez really. As long as you stay over there on the West Island. :-)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Nah, It's just good natured rivalry, we love youse Ozziez really. As long as you stay over there on the West Island. :-)

When you gonna come rescue the 5,679,342 kiwi xpats that currently take away our jobs grace us with their presence?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You know it has been said that "Americans are politically and geographically dumb". I posted on this topic (re: being called politically dumb) before. I'd have to admit that I AM geographically dumb.

I know that Australia is and island and a continent! How 'bout that?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit