Strange Aussie Language...

by zeroday 55 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I know that Australia is and island and a continent! How 'bout that?!

wow you're so smart .. us aussies are taught that at school but we never really believe it so when we retire we circumnavigate Australia however we can. A lot of us buy caravans and mobile homes ard slowly cruise all the way 'round to be sure (anti-clockwise mostly). It's said that over a million of us are doing it right now. I still haven't done it myself so can't really say if the pensioners and school teachers are bull shitting or not but I'll find out one day.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

unc,

just tell 'em that you're underneath 'em - permanently!

ozzie (permanently underneath class)

• wombat
    wombat

When I visited New Zealand I noticed that a lot of shops were selling "Ta-Ke-A-Way". I never tried it but I guess that it is a Kiwi speciality.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Memo to the Merry Cans posting here:

Here's an extract from Ozzie's Manual on How to Find New Zealand:

1. Fly to Sydney (hint: that's spelt with a 'y' and not an 'i'.)

2. After passing through Customs, go to taxi rank and get a cab to Bondi Beach.

3. Change into swimmers and enter the surf.

4. Start swimming in an easterly direction (that's the side where the sun rises).

5. After a few days start swimming south.

6. After a few weeks you may find New Zealand.

Hope that helps.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Uncle Bruce is only half joking about Kiwi voters over here: with 300,000 ex-pat NZers, Sydney is New Zealand's largest electorate. That's why the New Zealand Green Party always sends people over around election time to get ex-pat Kiwis to vote for them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Whattt??????? Unc joking????? Never!!

Hi unc.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Actually, I'm surprised Unc isn't more resentful towards NZ - they pipped South Australia at the post and got there first with universal adult suffrage.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was from Tasmania and we felt a bit like New Zealanders. My Uni lecturer was always petitioning to break away from the mainland and become an independant country. As if we werent inbred enough without becoming even more isolated.

Aphrodite, welcome, we would love to hear a bit more about your background. My cousin lives in Adelaide. He is successfully fading, and said there is a huge drug and clube scene amongst the exJWs in Adelaide.

• zagor
    zagor

Did I miss something here or did you say "Aussie Language"

I can hardly understand kiwis myself

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

struth mate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit