Strange Aussie Language...

by zeroday 55 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday
    NZ is only an Island off of Australia in the same way that New Guinea is or Indonesia for that matter.

Hawaii is only an island off the US and it is us but I never knew what "BODDA YOU?" ment till I visited there.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    There is a definate Canadian Accent ah.

I'm not so sure aboot that.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    They sound the same.

Actually there's an Easy test to tell the difference between Aussies and Kiwis. Just ask them to say the word "france"... I cant tell you how they'd answer cos im pissed and cant get my head around it...(to many accents in my head) lol but there's a difference.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yes Stephanis New Zealanders have a big chip on their shoulder about us but there is parochialism everywhere. You should hear the way West Australians speak about you New South Welshmen ..lol

I don't know how many New Zealanders there are in Australia now but New Zealand wants them back (after calling them every name under the sun for leaving).

How to speak Kiwi 101: Say "bro" and "Ay" a lot. As in "ut's a gud day fu goun dun thu pub, ay bro!?"

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

What I noticed when I was in New Zealand was that no one was originally from there. I ran into a ton of Irish people there, but very few Kiwis. Very strange. And according to my friends in Vic. and NSW - Kiwis say "six" as "sex".

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Doc I was born and raised in snobish, cultural, convict free Adelaide and we speak much like New Zealanders.

South Australians ask a girl to dance, try that in Sydney and they call you a poofter lol. In Sydney they ask a girl to daaaance (pity there's no sound on this thing lol.

Castle is another wun one.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    convict free Adelaide

I thought all Australians were convicts.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I thought all Americans were bible bashing lunatics sent out on the Mayfair

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I thought all Americans were bible bashing lunatics sent out on the Mayfair

Nahhh those were the Puritans that the Brits forbid to read the bible that came over on the Mayflower. Or was that the Catholic Church. No matter.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I don't think their fellow Brits minded them reading the bible as much as them being a dangerous control freak mysogynes cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit