Who cares about the memorial?

by daystar 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

No, don't mean a thing to me, it only makes me happy to realise that I don't have to go to another of those boring meetings tonight.

Tomorrow night though (on the "real" full moon night), I will have a cup of wine or cider and some cake, light a candle and celebrate the coming of spring. I will take time to meditate and appreciate my life. Much more meaningful.

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

i care about it and im lookin forward to it!! i have been to 3 memorials. (i was a born again christian) i have been in touch with witnesses for 4 years and studying 2 years, im becoming an unbaptized publisher soon and im happy at last ive found the truth!! in reguards to people not inviting u to memorials and stuff - i wouldnt take it personally as sometimes the elders and others dont want to bother u and feel u have made up ur mind to leave the truth, i take my daughter to the meetings and i just get on with it and dont expect anyone from the congregation to encourage or help me out as ther all imperfect and i know a lot of things go on in the halls that some dont agree with but u gotta jus trust jehovah to help u through no one else is goin to do it!! if anyone wants to go back jus take baby steps to find ur way back!! this is the first time in my life i feel someone is ther for me (jehovah) and things have really turned around in my life since comin into the truth, i have been tested beyond belief and i came throught it by puttin jehovah first! i no u lot have prob heard all this before and im not brain washed as i was one seekin this out!! take care everyone and jus get on with it!! go to the memorial for jehovah and urself - no one else!! use prob all hate me now for writing this!!! just wanted to share my experiences with u guys as i wasnt brought up in the truth!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

We respect your feelings. And that is why this forum invites all to express their feelings, wether we agree with you or not. Personally I was raised in the organization. And had been very faithful to it for MANY years. Please read my story under Friends entitled: It's High time I introduced Myself." You may find it very interesting, especially if you are working towards becoming a Witness.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    go to the memorial for jehovah

I'd rather go to church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday for Jesus.

Josie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    care about it and im lookin forward to it!! i have been to 3 memorials. (i was a born again christian) i have been in touch with witnesses for 4 years and studying 2 years, im becoming an unbaptized publisher soon and im happy at last ive found the truth!! in reguards to people not inviting u to memorials and stuff - i wouldnt take it personally as sometimes the elders and others dont want to bother u and feel u have made up ur mind to leave the truth, i take my daughter to the meetings and i just get on with it and dont expect anyone from the congregation to encourage or help me out as ther all imperfect and i know a lot of things go on in the halls that some dont agree with but u gotta jus trust jehovah to help u through no one else is goin to do it!! if anyone wants to go back jus take baby steps to find ur way back!! this is the first time in my life i feel someone is ther for me (jehovah) and things have really turned around in my life since comin into the truth, i have been tested beyond belief and i came throught it by puttin jehovah first! i no u lot have prob heard all this before and im not brain washed as i was one seekin this out!! take care everyone and jus get on with it!! go to the memorial for jehovah and urself - no one else!! use prob all hate me now for writing this!!! just wanted to share my experiences with u guys as i wasnt brought up in the truth!!

Oh dear.......get 'em while their young and pliable, shame on the WTS!

You'll find no hatred of you here rockkchick30 I do hope you stick around and do some research on this cult before you take 'da dip.

• KW13
    KW13
    i care about it and im lookin forward to it!! i have been to 3 memorials. (i was a born again christian) i have been in touch with witnesses for 4 years and studying 2 years, im becoming an unbaptized publisher soon and im happy at last ive found the truth!! in reguards to people not inviting u to memorials and stuff - i wouldnt take it personally as sometimes the elders and others dont want to bother u and feel u have made up ur mind to leave the truth, i take my daughter to the meetings and i just get on with it and dont expect anyone from the congregation to encourage or help me out as ther all imperfect and i know a lot of things go on in the halls that some dont agree with but u gotta jus trust jehovah to help u through no one else is goin to do it!! if anyone wants to go back jus take baby steps to find ur way back!! this is the first time in my life i feel someone is ther for me (jehovah) and things have really turned around in my life since comin into the truth, i have been tested beyond belief and i came throught it by puttin jehovah first! i no u lot have prob heard all this before and im not brain washed as i was one seekin this out!! take care everyone and jus get on with it!! go to the memorial for jehovah and urself - no one else!! use prob all hate me now for writing this!!! just wanted to share my experiences with u guys as i wasnt brought up in the truth!!

Imagine a guy wants to sell a painting to you. He says "oh its an original constable, very valuable". You check the information he gives you to back-up this claim and you think. YES its a good painting. I want it!! The guy who sold him the same painting had told him "oh its an original constable, very valuable" and he too checked the information given to see, yes its a good painting and he wanted it. The point i am making is, that the people who showed you the Organization were also misguided, not evil just believing what they were told. On the information presented it became something that it wasn't. PLEASE Keep an open mind, welcome to the board

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

lady liberty wot does 607 mean??? ive never heard about it

thanks shazx

• KW13
    KW13

607 BCE is the date the Watchtower Bible and tract society say that jerusalem fell. It is a key part of their religion. Lady Liberty is well read on the subject, i've done some research as have a lot here. Its a real eye opener.

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

thanks for that, ther is a lot to take in and work out!! how do u guys feel about jehovah now?? i felt when i went to church of ireland i was so lost were now im in the truth i do feel a lot of things have been answered and make sense!! i suppose ther are plenty of other areas i need to research!!

thanks shaz

• willyloman
    willyloman

Good for you, rockkchick, you go ahead and do it your way. That's what most us have decided to do.

However, in a couple of years, when the novelty wears off, don't lose that zeal to think for yourself. Many of us stifled our nagging doubts for years before we broke free, and then wondered why we waited so long! Freedom is precious and once surrendered is hard to get back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit