Who cares about the memorial?

by daystar 43 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I found God and Christ away from the Society

anyway, enough of my pestering!!

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

i do need to read more and research stuff better!!! i have been takin a lot of wot they to as truth and they kinna jus flash the scripture to me to prove it!! my family think im insane when i talk about things relating to "the truth"

confused like mad now

shaz

• KW13
    KW13

Click on Lady Liberty and on the screen that appears, send her a message regarding 607. she clears it up nicely

• daystar
    daystar
    i do see how ther is a lack of love and LOTS of backstabbing and gossiping which i hate and have actually made me very spiritually low!! i just lay low and try not to get to close to others in the hall czo they now know all my business and news and new gossip spreads like mad!! i am just so confused now because i do love jehovah and have always had a strong spiritual side!!

I'm sure there are others here who will have much more useful advice to provide to you. However, do you think Jehovah wants his children surrounded by the lack of love, gossip-mongering and backstabbing you yourself have seen? What you're describing is not isolated to your congregation either. I was utterly amazed when I first came to this board when I heard the same sorts of stories over and over from people who attended congregations from around the world.

Don't take my word for it, or anyone else's. But keep your eyes and, more importantly, your mind open. There are no "bad" questions. Do not let them stifle your spirit like they have so many others.

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

thank u everyone for all ur time and advice! im now gettin ready for memorial but i will keep my eyes and ears open!! i will be on soon!!

take care shaz x

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

i ment ill be back on soon lookin for more advice no doubt lol

shaz x

• KW13
    KW13

we'll be here

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Have a nice evening.

Lady Liberty

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I could not care less.

I tend to agree with Russell's fellow Barbour:

*** jv chap. 10 p. 131 Growing in Accurate Knowledge of the Truth ***

Under the heading “The Atonement,” Barbour had illustrated how he felt about the teaching, saying: “I say to my boy, or to one of the servants, when James bites his sister, you catch a fly, stick a pin through its body and impale it to the wall, and I’ll forgive James. This illustrates the doctrine of substitution.” Though professing to believe in the ransom, Barbour referred to the idea that Christ by his death paid the penalty for sin for the offspring of Adam as being “unscriptural, and obnoxious to all our ideas of justice.”

• Sirona
    Sirona

Shaz,

Why not just make your own decision after weighing up all the options?

Making a good decision basically involves looking at BOTH sides of an issue and giving them a chance. So when the JWs say something, try and research that to see if there are any alternative views. Try to see if the JWs have always taught that, or if its something recent.

Above all, no matter what, be YOURSELF. Don't let the religion strip you of your individuality.

When I was JW, I was very "strong" and liked by everyone. It was difficult to find out that many things I'd been taught were not true. I just didn't look into them when I was younger (12). So all I can advise is, if you want to be JW, then make sure you are a JW with your eyes wide open to ALL the information. If you can research and read the "other side of the story" and still be JW, well good luck to you!

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit