Who cares about the memorial?

by daystar 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Rockkchick,

Are you asking me about 607 and what it means?? I am sorry, I am not quite following what you are asking. Please clarify. If you ARE inquiring about it, I would be most happy, as anyone here will, to help you understand it. I have spent a whole year on this subject. The year 607 is crucial to the Societys teaching because it is what 1914 hinges on. Let me know if you want to know more.

Sincerely your friend,

Lady Liberty

• KW13
    KW13

rockkchick30 your a good person by the sounds of it. And WITH an Open mind

When i thought it was the truth, the ORG was my world. Everything i did and did not do was because of what i was taught. Ultimately it tore my family apart. When i decided to start church and leave the Witnesses i was kicked out of my home, my stepdad (aiming to be a M. Servant and maybe an elder) used to hit me, mum didnt do anything about it.

Truthfully, i've only felt happier since i've left. It ruined my high school education due to depression e.t.c at only 14!!

Whats sad is that the people at the hall think its the truth and the information they present is all they are given. The society stops them looking anywhere else. Whatever you do, make sure you research the things you come across properly.

Why not start a new topics introducing yourself and ask some questions there, then we can work on giving you answers.

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the board, rockkchick30! No hate here!

But I think you missed the point of my little story. I'm sure that that is my fault. Everything I did for the Organization was for Jehovah, or so I thought. However, the lack of love I saw in the Organization led me to the eventual understanding that it is certainly not Jehovah's organization. By its fruit, the Organization proved to me, and to many, many others, that it is not guided by Jehovah God.

It is doubtful that you will see this at this time. They are treating you now the best that they ever will treat you. Once you're "in", keep an eye out for subtle changes in how people treat you and your daughter. Oh, and God forbid either of you should stumble in the least way! That is when the lack of love for their own will shine through.

My point was this, the lack of interest in my personal well-being, by the very shepherds of "His flock", is further evidence, to me at least, that it is not under Jehovah's guidance. And I can think of much better things to do than to attend a memorial for a religion that has been abandoned by the very God it claims to worship, if He ever guided it in the first place. (I think not.)

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

i was being bullied a bit on becomin baptized and goin out on ministry but to be honest i kinna dug my heals in and put it off for a long time. i do feel ready to do it now!! when i first went to the hall i was overwhelmed with kindness and friendlyness but i soon saw through it, after all no ones perfect!! i jus keep my head down and try to do it for myself!! i do feel its for me but i need to keep studying and checking things out, people are too quick to tell u stuff and sometimes i dont question, but its out of fear of bein seen as not trustin or believing enough!

thanks shaz x

• KW13
    KW13

Hey, i was on the Theocratic Ministry school giving talks, and i too wanted to be baptized!

If its the truth and about God then why these things that happen to people who for example have a question or just want to check things out properly. Sickoflies posted up his Judicial commitee with the elders (in form of sound file) and you'll see how they treat people with questions AFTER baptism.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

thanks for that, ther is a lot to take in and work out!! how do u guys feel about jehovah now?? i felt when i went to church of ireland i was so lost were now im in the truth i do feel a lot of things have been answered and make sense!! i suppose ther are plenty of other areas i need to research!!

PLEASE ROCKKCHICK, research BEFORE you make a decision. You owe it to Jehovah and his son to make a thorough examination of ALL the facts. The scriptures say to "Make sure of ALL things." Once you are baptised you are no longer free to ask sincere questions of the Societys teachings. Many here, myself included, have found ourselves with a "apostate" ( I am not disfellowshipped yet, though) label ONLY for asking SINCERE, HEARTFELT questions. If you have too many, they will get rid of you. Most witnesses will tell you, you can not be disfellowshipped for asking questions. But we are a living testimony to the fact that you must accept the Societys opinion regardless if it adds up or not. Or they will disfellowship you! Please, read my story if you haven't already, and you will see how just one question of 607 can change everything. Also, regarding Jehovah. Many of us have NOT "thrown the baby out with the bathwater". We still study, meditate daily on God's word and have a close relationship with Jehovah and his Son. Still others have been so angry at the deception, that they have lost all faith. But we are not to judge ANYONE. We just need to show them and each other LOVE, and leave the rest up to our Creator.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• KW13
  • upside/down
    upside/down

I'd rather pop a zit...

u/d

• jambon1
    jambon1
    For me going or not going, partaking or not partaking is not about sticking it to the WTS. For me it's the way I believe now. I no longer believe in Christ, Jehovah or the Bible. Why would I go to an event which is all about the ransom sacrifice of Christ?

You won't find me in any church on Easter Sunday nor is it a holiday that I put up Easter decorations. I simply don't believe any of it nor do I want to appear to.

My sentiments exactly. Thank you & goodnight.

• rockkchick30
    rockkchick30

cheers for all ur help!!! i do see how ther is a lack of love and LOTS of backstabbing and gossiping which i hate and have actually made me very spiritually low!! i just lay low and try not to get to close to others in the hall czo they now know all my business and news and new gossip spreads like mad!! i am just so confused now because i do love jehovah and have always had a strong spiritual side!! thanks again everyone

shaz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit