My Story

by XJW4EVR 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but so glad I came across this link. You'll probably never read this but your story did help, thank you for being so kind in writing this.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Powerful, moving story.

Where'd you go? Would love to hear the next instalment.

• Emmylou
    Emmylou

Thank you for writing your story. It brought back many memories for me. I sent a PM to you.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Goosebumps.

BTS

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I want to thank all of you for reading this saga and for your comments. In writing this down, I was able to get out a lot of emotions that I had repressed about my time in the Borg. While that was the main reason for writing this, I also wanted to write this out to maybe help a lurker whose story might be similar. What I got was message after message from many who benefitted. I am humbled deeply by that.

I have often thought about adding more, and maybe one day I will continue, either here or at another site. However for now this chapter is closed. It took me a long time to write, and a long to realize that I had nothing more to say.

Through this posting, I have reconnected with a friend from my past, and just recently, I connected with a person that knew my mother. I hope that this story will help me connect with others from the past.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I stayed up until the wee hours reading your story. I had heard your family's name my whole life, but I came along later and didn't really know anybody. And I forgot there was a namesake as well. Thank you for opening up and sharing your life with us.

It looks like you have successfully moved on to be an ex-ExJW. That is something we all strive to do. But it is the sharing of common experiences that helps us realize we are not alone, and that there are options and choices after all we've been through.

I wish you continued success in all you do.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Lovely compelling story; if you are still around how are you doing these days?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit