My Story

by XJW4EVR 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I was adopted into a JW family in southern California. My birth mother gave me up after 6 months (The terms Mom & Dad refer to my adoptive/real parents). She gave me up due to the fact that she already had a three year old boy, and back in the late sixties it was not as socially acceptable to be a single mother. I was the product of her affair with a married man.

My earliest memories were of meetings and model trains. My dad got into model trains when I was about 4, and I remember being able to help him run the train. It was one of the few non-JW memories I have of my dad. He already was an elder when I cam into the picture. He already had a reputation as an "Organization Man." Yet, those that know him, know him as kind-hearted, and mild. In fact I only say my father lose his temper twice. My mother was the quintessential Elder's wife. Quiet, homemaker, yet never used her relationship with my dad to pry into others' lives. From everything I have read during my time here, they seem to be the exception and not the rule.

I was not abused, in any way, though I was spanked. I was indulged as a child. Some would call it spoiled, but they don't know the whole story. My mom lost her reproductive system after a bout with rhuematic fever, sometime after they got married (which was around 1955). My dad seemed to accept the fact he would be childless, however someone, I don't know who, suggested they look into adoption. They had a boy & a girl before they got me. Evidently, they fell in love with me at first sight.

OK, I have to break, as emotions are coming up.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome to the board XJW4EVR

sounds like you have quite a story. It's always amazing to me to hear people's stories about their lives. I look forward to hearing the rest.

hope you like it here.

-freedomlover

• daystar
    daystar

{{{{XJW4EVR}}}}

• Odrade
    Odrade

Reading...and waiting. I too grew up in a home with "real" JW parents. They were true believers and lived the "truth." Interested to see the story of your exit.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Thank you for sharing part of your story with us. I'm eager to hear the rest when you are ready..... take your time, we understand this brings up a lot of emotions

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Welcome to the board!

I look foward to reading the rest of your story when you are ready. I think you'll find the support you're looking for here.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear xjw4evr,

Hang in there! Your with friends. We are glad your here, and are looking forward to hearing more of your story as you are able to.

Sincerely,

L.L.

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome XJW4EVR

Thanks for joining us here.

As you say, you were treated kindly by your parents. Many ex-witnesses had/have good parents.

The stories here of abuse in a physical/sexual way are not the majority by any means, so I hope you do not feel contrary to this.

Gumby

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, it's great that you had nice parents that helped you out so much. Look forward to hear the rest of your story.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Welcome to JWD XJW4EVR

unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit