Placed 6 magazines this morning

by stillajwexelder 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clam
    Clam

Why not print out Blondie's "What you wont hear at the Watchtower™ study" and put one in each Watchtower™?? After all, the Watchtower™ thinks everyone needs them to interpret the Bible, and in that vein people need JWD™ to help interpret the Watchtower™.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Seriously I’m all for putting in lots of reports of false hours, but if you insist on placing magazines I feel its your duty as an apostate to at least put a page of apostate literature so as to spread the real ‘truth’ about the organization.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    All this work and nothing to show for it.

If only that was true Auld Soul. Dubs have a 'Cult-Mentality-Explanation' for everything....

• Odrade
    Odrade

The magazines are their primary tools of propaganda. They can have an effect, and they have. There are many stories of people who converted based on the original placement of a Watchtower or Awake and not much else. All it takes it the right kind of vulnerability to that propaganda and one is caught in the net. I wouldn't want to be responsible for another person being enslaved to the Watchtower, simply because I had to keep up appearances. I can understand you not wanting to tear apart your family, but have you considered that your continued propagandizing has the potential to tear apart someone else's family?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I havent been out in service for 23 years!!!!!!!!!

• lowden
    lowden

I'm not sure i get this thread....at all. Stop pissing about and GET OUT of the organisation. Do something truly constructive. That's just childish!

Peace

Lowden

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I havent been out in service for 10 years!!! Yay for me too!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I havent been out in service for 23 years!!!!!!!!!

Shit, that's when I started the whole load of crap - 23 years ago.

W

• undercover
    undercover
    Seriously I’m all for putting in lots of reports of false hours, but if you insist on placing magazines I feel its your duty as an apostate to at least put a page of apostate literature so as to spread the real ‘truth’ about the organization.

Since when is being an apostate a duty? It's not like we joined the army or anything.

We're "apostate" because we've been labeled such by the WTS/JWs. We're not in a "Us vs. Them battle. We're each on a seperate journey to find freedom from the WTS oppression. It doesn't mean that we're supposed to go out and spread some anti-JW gospel.

If one wants to use their time to fight the JWs, that's their privilege and their right. But it's not something that all of us have to do.

You want see me on some vendetta exercise against the WTS. Posting here is about the extent of my anti-JWism you'll see. I don't feel the need to campaign against them. That's not to say that I won't talk about it or share info that I have when it comes up in conversation with non-JWs I know.

So, if stilla feels the need to fake some field service from time to time, so be it. Who are we to judge how and when he can or will make his exit?

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Would be interesting to delve into the WTS records of preaching and do some major analysis -- number of publications placed relative to the number of new bible studies or converts. Also, would be interesting to come up with a methodology that took into account all of the people falsifying the reports and then applying an adjustment to the overall numbers. And, of course, an annual audit of records to ensure legitimacy of numbers stated. Why sign up for a religion that requires you to be a salesperson when you can't even verify how effective the product is...this is one multi level marketing scheme that truly won't make you rich...spiritually or physically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit