Wow that UN scandal really DOES work wonders

by osmosis 98 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Brochure: The Watchtower-United Nations Scandal--Why is it important?

• dozy
    dozy

Sorry - still don't buy into this. Is it a conspiracy or is it a silly botch up - you pay your money & you take your choice. To me , the fact that the UN still had Lloyd Barry as the contact despite the fact that he had died a few years previously tells me that this was an apparently trivial decision made in 1991 , rubber stamped on an annual basis afterward & only when hyped up by apostates did anybody actually realise the implications of the whole NGO business.

I'm sure some loyal witnesses have been adversely affected - those I know who are aware of it and researched the matter (including the whole of my body of elders , including myself (as a sister brought the issue up a couple of years ago after reading "apostate" sites) ) view it as inconsequential. These are professional , intelligent men who are by no means uncritical of the WTS.

Different strokes for different folks......

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, and I'm sure the Catholic church's whoring with the UN is a silly botch-up as well.

Here's a thread I started just for you, Dozy.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/110222/1.ashx

• Clam
    Clam

By the way, does the WTS still officially have the UN down as the Scarlet Coloured Wild Beast™, or has this been changed by New Light™? Having left some time ago I’m a bit rusty on my beasts.

• dozy
    dozy

Still SCWB - haven't heard anything to the contrary.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Sorry - still don't buy into this. Is it a conspiracy or is it a silly botch up - you pay your money & you take your choice. To me , the fact that the UN still had Lloyd Barry as the contact despite the fact that he had died a few years previously tells me that this was an apparently trivial decision made in 1991 , rubber stamped on an annual basis afterward & only when hyped up by apostates did anybody actually realise the implications of the whole NGO business.

I'm sure some loyal witnesses have been adversely affected - those I know who are aware of it and researched the matter (including the whole of my body of elders , including myself (as a sister brought the issue up a couple of years ago after reading "apostate" sites) ) view it as inconsequential. These are professional , intelligent men who are by no means uncritical of the WTS.

Different strokes for different folks......

The Watchtower and the Un is only the tip of the iceberg. Dig a little deeper, Dozy and you will discover that there is no way the Jehovah's Witnesses come close to being a Christian community. Bob Evans Walland, TN. P.S. Are you aware that the Watchtower frowns on publishers who frequent apostate websites and engage in spiritual conversations with known JW apostates and opposers?

• Clam
    Clam
    P.S. Are you aware that the Watchtower frowns on publishers who frequent apostate websites and engage in spiritual conversations with known JW apostates and opposers?

Honesty I’m sure he knows that but he should be here discussing these things with us. After all we criticize JWs for not “testing the truth”, but he’s being his own man and doing just that. I don’t exactly follow the guy’s line of thinking on most things he posts, but I’m glad he’s here.

• Terry
    Terry

The smoking gun consists of the public service articles done IN FAVOR OF THE WORK OF THE U.N.

This public relations work was a quid pro quo. You cannot EARN N.G.O. status unless you keep your end of the bargain.

Yes, it was a____relationship___the Watchtower Society had with the U.N.

A RELATIONSHIP!

You do this for me and I'll do this for you.

That is why it is called WHOREDOM.

• blondie
    blondie

clam, they still teach:

*** Isaiah Prophecy book-1 chap. 5 p. 54 Jehovah Humiliates Self-Exalted Ones ***

In place of these, they may well seek refuge and protection in nonspiritual, earthly organizations, perhaps including the United Nations, the "scarlet-colored wild beast" of Revelation chapter 17.

*** w96 6/1 p. 18 Flight to Safety Before the "Great Tribulation" ***

At Revelation 17:16, it is foretold that a figurative scarlet-colored wild beast, which has proved to be the United Nations, will turn on harlotlike Babylon the Great and violently destroy her. Using graphic language, it says: "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." What this will mean is awesome to contemplate. It will result in the end of false religion of every kind in all parts of the earth. This will indeed show that the great tribulation has begun.

19 It is noteworthy that since the United Nations began operations in 1945, atheistic, antireligion elements have been prominent in its membership. At various times all over the world, such radical elements have been instrumental in having religious practices either severely restricted or completely banned. In the past few years, however, there has been a letup in many places in government pressure on religious groups. To some people it may seem that any danger to religion is gone.

20 The religions of Babylon the Great continue to be a violently disruptive force in the world. News headlines frequently identify warring factions and terrorist groups by naming the religion that they espouse. Riot police and soldiers have had to force their way into temples to stop violence between rival religious factions. Religious bodies have financed political revolution. Religious hatred has frustrated efforts by the United Nations to maintain stable relations between ethnic groups. In pursuing the goal of peace and security, elements within the United Nations would like to see the elimination of any religious influence that stands in their way.

21 There is also another important factor to consider. Although the militarized horns from within the United Nations will be used to destroy Babylon the Great, that destruction will really be an expression of divine judgment. The execution of judgment will come at God’s appointed time. (Revelation 17:17) What should we do in the meantime? "Get out of her"—get out of Babylon the Great—the Bible answers.—Revelation 18:4.

• Clam
    Clam

Thank you Blondie! You're a star.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit