Wow that UN scandal really DOES work wonders

by osmosis 98 Replies latest jw friends

• osmosis
    osmosis

I'm totally amazed. I gave that UN report to my (hardcore JW to the extreme max, but in a nice way) aunt, and she didn't speak of it for several days. When she said nothing, I knew I'd gotten somewhere.

Today she finally spoke up. She said she is going to send a letter to the WTS asking for an explanation!!

Of course they will tell her it was just a library card. I know their excuse, so now I need a good refutation of that excuse to prove they're liars.

Can anyone point me to a link or some third party source so I can refute their story that you need to be an NGO to research the library. This is the smoking gun I'm looking for.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

check lady lee's best of threads..seems like there was a UN letter stating that they didnt have to be a NGO to use library. good luck.

• blondie
  • blondie
    blondie

Preamble to UN Charter

PREAMBLE

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED

AND FOR THESE ENDS

HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS

Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.

• TooOpinionated
  • gumby
    gumby

If they tell her they were ONLY involved so they could use the Library, show her this article.

Disfellowshiping—How to View It
    Watchtower 1981 Sept 15 p.20-26

14 One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian, deliberately disassociating himself from the congregation. The apostle John wrote: "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us."—1 John 2:19.

15 Or, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4.) So if one who was a Christian chose to join those who are disapproved of God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he had disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

16 Persons who make themselves "not of our sort" by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshiped for wrongdoing.

Also remind her that the Organisation does not allow it's publishers a membership in the YMCA....even though they only want to be members to "use the gym". Same exact difference...only THEY are more reprehesible since they are the slave "looking after" all of Jesus earthly belongings.

Good Luck....and congradulations! You planted a seed!!

Gumby

• Quotes
    Quotes

Congratulations on your efforts. You are in a good position, because you know exactly what the WTS response will be, so you can pre-emptively deconstruct it before she hears it from them. If you point out the holes in the WTS defense BEFORE they proffer their defense, you're in a good position.

See this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses:_Controversial_Issues#United_Nations_NGO_Association

~Q

• carla
    carla

There are plenty of links showing that even you and I can and could have taken books or literature out from the UN library without being a member.

Caution to those newly in, the newbie jw's do not seem to understand the impact of the entire UN situation. At any rate, mine doesn't. He simply cannot grasp that it was not for a library card or they were 'tricked' into being members and fails to see the revelance in the whole thing. Blinders firmly attached.

Best of luck to you! hope they get a response. Evidently the WT only answers questions from members in 'good standing' even though elders and MS's 'promise' that the wt answers anybody's questions.

• gumby
    gumby

Also...something else...I'm on a roll

Remind her that they purposely joined the biggest earthy adversary in the eyes of Jesus himself. They joined the one they claim is the disgusting thing standing in a holy place. They joined the Organisation that they say claims to be the only means to bring world peace, rather than that organisation...the UN, giving that glory and duty to Jesus Christ who has been ruling since 1914.

Gumby

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I sent this along with my DA letter and all the UN stuff-I doubt anyone read it, though.

http://www.geocities.com/hourglass2.geo/contributed/un-wts-letter-3-28-2002.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit