Wow that UN scandal really DOES work wonders

by osmosis 98 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Dozy,

I didn't ask whether the UN was an organization under judgement by God. I specified the UN/DPI. Hopefully you perceive a difference between the two.

I asked whether you believe the UN/DPI is a secular organization with objectives contrary to the Bible. The WTS did not become part of or join the UN.

They CAN'T join the UN, they are a non-governmental organization.

They CAN and DID join the UN/DPI, however. Therefore, I asked whether the UN/DPI is an organization under judgement by God.

Apparently, you believe that the Corporation SHOULD be held to a lower standard than the people for whom it publishes instructions. On what Scripture do you base this bit of sophistic reasoning? I don't think you are doing it intentionally, but you are obviously excusing hypocrisy in your argument.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I guess that I just don't see it as "gross wrongdoing". Foolish - yes.

My question to you is...do you feel that it is a gross wrongdoing to disfellowship people because they discuss this issue?

My brother, who to my knowledge has lead one of the most upright lives immaginable...works hard, NEVER goes to a bar, rarely has a drink, studied tediously the publications, always made his necessary 10 hrs., etc., wrote the WTS for an explanation...got called into the dreaded back room, and was promply DF'd.

To me, that's gross wrongdoing on top of gross wrongdoing....but I'm sure you'll have a good explanation for that too.

I really do not know why you are here posting on this board, and if found out you'd be DF'd as well!!!

Swalker ("The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.")

• JT
    JT

1. Administrative Center for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia
    2. European Human Rights Office, Church of Scientology

both signed a petition to the UN

you got to love it

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am happy to let the matter rest there and analyse other areas of JW beliefs , procedure & conduct that I feel constitute a stronger case for criticism. Dozy

Dozy, I am also happy that you are ready to analyze other areas of JW beliefs, procedures and conduct.

The 607 B.C. date, the Bulgarian/ECHR agreements with the WTBTS, the drunken articles that the WTBTS published about the men of Sodom being resurrected, the distorted and convoluted blood and organ transplant policies, the pedophile issues all took a back seat with me because I still believed the Governing Body had been directly appointed by Jesus to spiritually nourish His people no matter what the apostates and their websites claimed to the contrary.

When I got wind of the UN asociation, I didn't believe it for a second even though I had transcripts of documents that indicated WTBTS representatives attended UN meetings. There was NO WAY my beloved organization would even remotely entertain the idea of affiliating with 'the disgusting thing that causes desolation.'

It was all a bunch of lies cooked up in the minds of some crazy and radical people who had an axe to grind with the WTBTS because they had been caught in bed with someone they weren't married to.

After days of anguishing over the 'apostate lies' that were being circulated against the Watchtower Society, I decided to call the Service Department in Brooklyn. You can imagine my disgust and horror when the brother lied to me about the WTBTS's involvement with the UN and denied their association.

It was then, and only then that I realised the WTBTS had indeed been caught in bed whoring with an organization they claim to despise.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. There is a straw that will break his back for you, too.

When that happens and you find that tiny little straw it will change your life forever because it will liberate you from the mental prison the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has you bound with and within.

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• JT
    JT

The issue of "trust" is important to me. I know Paul Gillies & his wife

########

this shows just how little the poster knows about how the wt reps such as paul are given talking points

any elder who has work in "NEWS SERVICE" at the district knows this simple point

you are given "Approved" talking points-

so it really has nothing to do with him, much like the poster, he was given talking points for years that the Generation of 1914 would not die off-

he just went forth sincerely telling bible studies, giving talks, telling anyone who would listen that before the generation of 1914 dies off this system will be toast

so as theposter focuses on a Gillis who was merely a cog in the wt wheel he has missed the bigger picture

but its good to see him online examiing things all the same

he will learn in time as he does better research on issues

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

When I got wind of the UN asociation, I didn't believe it for a second even though I had transcripts of documents that indicated WTBTS representatives attended UN meetings. There was NO WAY my beloved organization would even remotely entertain the idea of affiliating with 'the disgusting thing that causes desolation.'

It was all a bunch of lies cooked up in the minds of some crazy and radical people who had an axe to grind with the WTBTS because they had been caught in bed with someone they weren't married to.

After days of anguishing over the 'apostate lies' that were being circulated against the Watchtower Society, I decided to call the Service Department in Brooklyn. You can imagine my disgust and horror when the brother lied to me about the WTBTS's involvement with the UN and denied their association.

Same here Honesty...I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach by a horse....I actually threw up!!! I would have stood on a mountain and preached the WTS gospel if need be and then to find this out was enough to almost send me over the edge. Being a business woman, when I first read it...I totally disbelieved it also. It had to be lies spread by apostates! So I immediately called the U.N. and then demanded a letter, which I received. Then I called Brooklyn and was told it was a lie! But in their defense, most of the JW's at Brooklyn didn't even know it. Which is REALLY SICK!!! I wonder if any of the ones that found out later that THEY had told so MANY lies to so many JW's after finding out the "truth" left? If I had been in that position I would have felt like I had "moron" posted on my forehead...I'd have left in a minute!

Swalker

• Acurardx2007
    Acurardx2007

Doxy -- please be real if you as a Witness had done something like this -- lets say stop to use the bathroom in a church of use the library of the church -- do you thank the elders would go -- thats okay no big deal. No when individuals make mistakes they are DF, but when the GB or society as a whole makes a mistake it is no big deal. People have been disfellowship for things that should have and eventually been conscience matters, with no apologies when things are change. But the society can make BIG mistakes and you say it it okay. Jesus did not just say to the religious leaders -- oops you are overstepping the boundariess of the law -- but that is okay it is no big deal. To be involved with such an organization at all for any purpose should not be allow. Heck if a person can not be a memeber of the YMCA and why should the society be involved with the UN at all, you mean to tell mean that you honestly believe there is no other way they could have gotten the information they needed?

• jwsons
    jwsons

TROLL !
    It seems to me that if an U.N. library card fell off from Dozy wallet in 1992, the elder said to him: "It's very nice of you, brother Dozy, we all support the Wild Beast..."
    The warning, the disfellowship at the back-room at KH never happen. That's why Dozy still be here to bla bla...
    jwsons

• Kaput
    Kaput
    The issue of "trust" is important to me. I know Paul Gillies & his wife - they have been associated with my family for years & stayed with my parents before I was born. He is an intensely clever man who has a keen legal mind & has been on numerous courses. I do not believe that he would knowingly promote a lie.

Yeah dozy, "trust" is important to a lot of us here, too. That's why we left the organization, because we could no longer "trust" the directives from the UNfaithful and INdiscreet slave. I knew Sam Herd and his wife (how's that for one-upmanship?) and felt that he was an individual I could "trust". As you yourself mentioned, there SHOULD have been an apology regarding the NGO affiliation, or at least an acknowledgment...but there wasn't. And now, as a member of the GB, Sam Herd has not "stepped up to the plate", even though he has the responsibility before Jehovah God and his brothers and sisters to do so. Does this silence on his part mean that Jehovah has directed him and the other GB members not to speak up about this maelstrom which the NGO affair has created amongst the rank & file who are now aware of this? Would I "trust" him anymore? In a pig's eye.

• dozy
    dozy

Honesty quotes......The 1991 letter sent to those NGOs interested in applying for association clearly states as the first criterion of the Criteria for Association:

"That the NGO share the principles of the UN Charter

;" "Honesty" then quotes the following supposedly "killer" section:

6. The Organization shall ensure that states which are not Members of the United Nations act in accordance with these Principles so far as may be necessary for the maintenance of international peace and security.”

This is a complete misrepresentation of the registration criteria because it crucially and deliberately ignores the following statement “The organization shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS OWN AIMS AND PURPOSES and the NATURE AND SCOPE OF ITS ...ACTIVITIES.”–Article 3, ECOSOC Resolution 1296 (XLIV) Arrangements for Consultation with Non_Governmental Organizations “

“...the arrangements for consultation made with each organization should involve ONLY THE SUBJECTS for which that organization has a special competence or in which it has a special interest.”–Article 14, Ibid

In other words , the UN only asked for a CONDITIONAL acknowledgement of its principles. As stated , this position changed in 1994-6.

The UN “issue” has been one of the poorest efforts to try to subvert the faith of JWs. The astonishing hype (not dissimilar to the “Big News” - remember that?) illustrates a poor case. Examined with an honest and unbiased mind , most who look into it (including many fair minded ex-witnesses) admit that at worst the WTS can be accused of poor communication and a failure to keep up to date with the UNs changing policy. Lets put it in the dustbin with Rand Corp . , the $750 billion value of the WTS , the subliminal images & all the other nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit