Sister n law wacko. PLEASE! Need advice!

by annalice 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Hell, forget about the BoE letters. We should create a new website dedicated to hosting these types of letters.

"Families stuck in cults and the letters they write." www.cult-letters.com or something.

You're right, she's whacked.

• snarf
    snarf

Congratulations on your new baby !!!! I agree with Blondie, just send the letters back unopened, just write "return to sender" on the outside of the envelope and after a while, hopefully she will stop.If she does stop by, invite her in, be nice to her, but also let her know that any talk about the org. is not up for discussion, if she starts talking , kindly ask her to leave. Kill em with kindness and success in your personal life. That, in my opinion, is always the best revenge.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

How about a card of your own........

I,_______________________(print name)

belive that I am:

__Just Nosey

___Totally Freakin Crazy

___Brainwashed by a Publishing Company Posing as a Religion

Signatue_____________________________ date:______________

• whyizit
    whyizit

My Aunt was similar--though not a JW. My Dad used to say, "I know she is a little extreme, but she means well."

Just remember, this lady is terrified for your child. She is obviously in a panic. She is also on the verge of going off the deep end, from the way it appears. Don't be surprised if a breakdown occurs.

Maybe you could send a letter back to her, being as kind as possible. That you appreciate her concern, but that this is a matter between you and your husband. Maybe you could ask how it came to be that she feels she has the authority to send you such a letter asking these questions? Have they changed the rules on women becoming elders?

Tell her that you love her, but that this matter is personal and does not involve her input.

Express concern about her mental stability and tell her that you will pray for her.

If she continues to harrass you, and you perceive to be a threat, I agree with the others that you should consider taking legal action. Your first concern is your child. You just don't know what someone in that state of mind will do. Aggitating or arguing with her may not be the best thing. Try to be kind, but firm. POlitely let her know that it is none of her business.

• whyizit
    whyizit

One more thing: Maybe you could ask her to show you from the BIBLE ONLY, proof that what she is telling you is true. Where does Jehovah specifically say that IN THE BIBLE? Don't bring any other literature, ONLY THE BIBLE. Show me that what you are saying is true from the BIBLE, and I'll think about it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, she's a nut. I've got bunches in my family tree. Blondie, also, has the most experience dealing with nuts, and the best response is none at all. Hers is the best advice. Send the letters back unopened. Don't fill your mind with the insanity. Don't read it. Don't feed the nuts.

IF, on the other hand, she screams spiritual invective on your front lawn, or starts calling at odd hours at night, consider it a plea for intervention. Call the police and get a restraining order.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ignore her and don't let her near (if you can help it) your precious baby.

Josie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Do not respond to the letter and do not even acknowledge the letter if she brings it up. If you get a certified letter from her, do not accept it and refuse to sign for it.

She is expecting a response from you, don't give her one!

• ballistic
    ballistic

just to add OMG

• Mary
    Mary

Send her back a note and ask her to fill it out, sign it and you'll pass it on to her elder body:

I,_______________________________(print name)

belive that I am:

_____ the reincarnation of Gladys Cravets

_____ in need of some anti-psychoic medication

_____ just plain f**ked in the head

Signatue_____________________________ date:______________

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit