Witnesses NEW attitude toward Marijuana!!!

by gumby 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Good points Blondie.

Thus if marijuana were made legal by the government where you live (or where you are going to use it), that it would be no different than heroin, morphine, cocaine, if it were used to treat a JW for an illness

My problem is......when a drug is used for "medicinal purposes"....how do the demons know to stay away from a dub with a valid excuse to use drugs? As I said, they claim mind altering drugs leaves room for demons.....yet they "allow" mind altering drugs if it's for a valid reason..and legal.

I take it you found no "current" witness stance on medical Marijuana?

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Current stance, gumby, is that it's a no-no if it is illegal and you have to smoke it. Besides which they quote selected sources that say smoking is bad for you.

*** g01 7/8 p. 9 Drug Abuse—There Is an Answer! ***

How Safe Is Marijuana?

A number of countries are considering legalizing marijuana, mainly for medicinal use. The drug has been found to alleviate the nausea caused by chemotherapy, and it evidently helps AIDS sufferers to overcome loss of appetite. It has also been used as a pain reliever.

While there is disagreement about the results of research findings, tests that were reported on in New Scientist magazine have established some of the harmful effects of marijuana.

A Harvard University test compared a group who smoked marijuana daily with a group who used it less often. They found little difference on standard mental tests. However, on one test dealing with adaptability, the heavy marijuana users scored much lower.

Another university tested a group of regular marijuana smokers and a group of cigarette smokers, over a period of 15 years. The marijuana smokers usually had three or four joints a day, while the cigarette smokers had 20 or more cigarettes a day. Equal numbers from both groups suffered from coughing and bronchitis. Examination of the lungs revealed similar cell damage in both groups.

Although the marijuana smokers indulged much less often, it was found that a single joint releases three times as much tar as a cigarette. Furthermore, New Scientist reported: "Marijuana smokers inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer."

In addition, immune cells from the lungs of the marijuana smokers were found to be 35 percent less capable of fighting bacteria than were cells from the cigarette smokers.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was the decent thing to do to use Marijuana for medical rather than recreational reasons, there is nothing wrong with that. It will relieve pain as morphine has been doing to an extend, for a long time.

This is surprising given the conservative nature of the JW leaders especially that of T Jaracz.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

what you do is have an elder smoke the maryjane with

you then those demons will know to stay away

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

you need one of these to keep the demons away...

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Current stance, gumby, is that it's a no-no if it is illegal and you have to smoke it.

Wait a sec a lot of the orgs publications mention some obscure African nut (beetle nuts, or something like that) along with tobacco and drug use, these nuts are eaten and not smoked. Which tends to suggest its NOT the delivery method that's the stumbler but the fact that the drug usage can leave u open to demon possession which then leads on to unchristian behaviour.

Pot makes me horny... Eh, most drugs make me horny

• Scully
    Scully
    it's a no-no if it is illegal and you have to smoke it.

So many medications can be delivered by inhalation - especially ones that are used to treat respiratory problems. Ventolin is administered in misted form for treating asthma and COPD. Steroids can be given in misted form also for asthma and COPD.

The WTS is really splitting hairs here - if you were to observe the delivery of ventolin, it can look like "smoke" is being inhaled. It can have stimulant effects similar to nicotine. Oxygen is routinely given to patients with a vaporizer to hydrate it - it can look like someone is inhaling smoke.

Gawd, I'm just getting so ticked at the WTS dumb@$$es today.

• gumby
    gumby

Now now Scullymeister, don't get your panties in a wad ..( it always makes me horny when I say that fer some reason)

It's like booze. Witnesses can drink with a bad liver, stomach, etc. They can eat till their bellies hang over their penis.........but don't be breathin in bad smoke eh? Maybe the dub firemen should quit their jobs too.

Doc J.....that was a good point..... coming from an illiterate bastard as yourself

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

Dr Jekyll, the issue with those things you mentioned is that as far as I know they are not legally prescribed medications (you are thinking of betel nuts).

Blondie

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    you need one of these to keep the demons away...

Now do you have to put this on the front your door

like the lambs blood for the passover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit