It's High Time I Introduce Myself

by Lady Liberty 71 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

Firstly , although the 607 date is certainly open to question , it's complete refutation is not a done deal. Scholar has written extensively on this very point , as have other sites eg ewatchman.

http://ewatchman-exposed.co.uk/607/

If , however , you take the view that 607 is false and feel this is fatal to JW beliefs , you basically have 2 choices.

1... "Christian" way of life. So you now believe the Trinity is true , immortal soul , Xmas , Easter , numerous other core belies that you were convinced from a study of the scriptures were false , you now have to believe were true.

2.. Secular way of life. Now you have to believe that we all evolved from primeval soup and that God either doesn't exist or is disinterested in mankind. The bible is a load of bunk and we are here for 3 score years and thats it. No purpose , no hope.

Some who post on this site have adopted native American beliefs or worship trees. Have they found a greater truth?

To dismiss JWs over a relatively trivial issue that is still not proven and adopting a completely different belief & worship structure is like divorcing your husband because he came home one night from the pub and (you think) lied about snogging the barmaid and then marrying a serial philanderer , gambler and alcoholic and not believing that your new husband does any of these things. It takes a far greater leap of faith than you would ever have in believing (or at least reluctantly accepting) 607.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yay! Oh hon your story makes me SOAR! It is such a delight that people actually can see through it, and to imagine you doing so. I loved this a lot:

I don't see hats so difficult to understand". He wanted to simply go back the 70 years from 539 like the Appendix says to do. So I said, "No, prove it to me WITHOUT using any of the Societies literature." He said, "Ok." After about 5 hours, and after much study of the scriptures themselves, comparing it with the Kings lists, 586/587 was the match, NOT 607! He could not believe it! He finally realized the mental problem of "Cognicent Dissidence".

I can just imagine you both, as desperate as we all were to be able to make sense of it, and so devastated that you couldn't and yet, in spite of the trauma, being able to accept that hey, that's it, you won't accept living a lie.

Most people are not able to take that last step; of letting go of the choice to believe a lie. Most people don't have the strength to admit it. Congratulations on being people of substance, and welcome to life!

... thanks for joining us, it's so great to have you here!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

And please give my regards to your husband and daughter and assure them that they're not alone, and that this life is only just beginning!

Just wanted to bring something up, raised by dozy:

If , however , you take the view that 607 is false and feel this is fatal to JW beliefs , you basically have 2 choices.

1... "Christian" way of life. So you now believe the Trinity is true , immortal soul , Xmas , Easter , numerous other core belies that you were convinced from a study of the scriptures were false , you now have to believe were true.

2.. Secular way of life. Now you have to believe that we all evolved from primeval soup and that God either doesn't exist or is disinterested in mankind. The bible is a load of bunk and we are here for 3 score years and thats it. No purpose , no hope.

Firstly, the 607 lie is only the first of many things that prove that God is not with the WBTS. But more importantly; you have plenty more choices than that. Part of the indoctrination involves accepting that a certain combination of beliefs is the only one that will please god. Puuhhlease! I have discovered that an extraordinary array of beliefs seem to be getting people in touch with god, and also that those who don't believe at all actually do have a purpose, and a hope. That my friends, is freedom. Welcome to life. You get one shot; live it well.

Much love to you all.

• Frog
    Frog
    I tried to keep my introduction brief, as I know long post are harder to read.)

Wow LadyLiberty, your idea & my idea of brevity may be too different things!!

Great to have you here though, and posting. You & your husband sound like real soldiers. No doubt you've found many a like story of others who have shared the same life experiences in & out of the org.

Hope to see you around, and that all posters make you feel most WELCOME!

love frog x

• Tez
    Tez

Welcome Lady Liberty!!!! You are the proof for us that we can have hope that those we love still left in may one day start to question for themselves!!! I am so sorry for the trauma you have had but hope once you are truly 'out' you will find life can be fulfilling and rewarding, the early days are certainly hard. My thoughts will be with you and your family over the coming months.. I look forward to reading more of your posts, I like the way you record your story. With your daughter my one bit of advice is to be honest with her, but gently. I always tried to be open and honest with my children, even though I brought them up as JW's, I would share the difficulties we experienced with them. They grew up to be able to think and see things for themselves, and thankfully I have 3 of my 4 children out with me. I pray for my youngest who is still in and very zealous.

Take care and once again Welcome..

love

Tez

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LL and family -

welcome to this board! I am so happy to hear your story. It's so close to the experience I had in leaving this past year. The 607 thing was what made everything crumble for me. It was heartbreaking. The part where you talk about listening to your parents reasons of why they were leaving the org. was almost identical to me and my husband. He left before me and while I was on my way out he broke it to me why he wanted to leave. I was dizzy, sick, and my ears were ringing. I thought my marriage was over. It was like a bad dream. Fortunately, I followed through on my own research and let him have the opportunity to tell me what he had found through research. We are out today, intact as a family with our two little kids.

Life is just beginning for us and it's wonderful.

I admire you and have much respect for you both.

The avenue the elders are taking with you certainly sounds like they are building a case against you. If 19! friends and family have left also, that will be all the evidence they need to say you have been a danger or threat to the congregation. It sounds like you don't care though if they DF you. (BTW - we all want to know your secret on getting 19 people out!)

Through all of this, my father and stepmom looks like they are finally seeing the light also. My dad and stepmom were the same as your parents. Long time elder and pioneer. However, over the past few years my dad has truly seen how things are run and how much treachery is involved in the political structure of the org. We've had many discussions so far with him and he actually admitted to us that he almost left 5 years ago but was terrified to lose all his family. He is presently doing MUCH research and every now and then he calls to tell us what's he's found. (he's reasearching 607 right now, and he is finding out all the lies!) I do believe he has mentally left the org., but is still going through the motions as of now. He plans on relocating to the area where we just moved, and I think he will use that as his opportunity to fade, my stepmom is included in that. My brother and sister already have said they won't shun us, no matter what. So even though they are JW's they aren't hardcore and I think it gives my parents hope that we may all one day be out.

I really look forward to hearing more from you. I am very happy for your daughter also. You have given her a tremendous gift or freedom.

much love to your family -
    freedomlover

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Welcome------------------------LIBERTY

• Clam
    Clam

Phew Lady Liberty -great story-

The others have said so much so I'll just say -- You're very very welcome

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Time to get high.......bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hello Lady Liberty,

Here is a link that may help you to understand why you have reached the conclusions that you've come to at this particular time.

Wilderness Page

I hope this helps.

bjc2read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit