It's High Time I Introduce Myself

by Lady Liberty 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

it wasn't until I finally got up the courage to research the society on the internet that I was finally able to dispell all the fear they drum into your head over the years.

Is absolutely amazing as to how much they are hiding. And unless you can see all of the data compiled over the years, its hard to get a clear picture of the magnitude of this whole thing! The internet really is a tremendous tool. You spoke of "Watchtower fear". It reminded me of a little plaque my parents gave me, thought you may appreciate it. It says:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

howdy LL:

what an interesting story and we look forward to your participation on the forum, welcome!

just wanted to make a note that the pyramid symbol is not exclusively used by Masons and doesn't prove anything about Russell possibly being a Mason.

Pyramidology was very hot at the turn of the 19h Century and Russell was caught up in it and used his own take on the phenomenon along with what he read others claim about the Giza pyramid to try and bolster his own chronological teachings, etc.

take care, glad you opened "Pander's Box"

remember what Pandora managed to keep inside the box and what was still left.....

HOPE

-Eduardo

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Almost certainly Russell was a high ranking free mason and despite his saintly appearence he was closely involved with the occult but for the record's sake he got the 1914 from the adventist Barbour though he tried to confirm it as you said by using pyramidology and astrology.

Thank you for your reply Green Dawn. I read somewhere that Russells membership records are filed in the Mother Lodge in Ireland. Do you know anything about this? Have you ever seen any actual documentation? I would love to get my hands on a copy for proof. So far I have just come up with websites that speak of it, but having a actual scanned copy or a way to get the Mother Lodge to send one would be better yet. Any suggestions??

• uninformed
    uninformed

Nice account--Welcome--

U

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Lady Liberty!

What an amazing story. And to have 19 (I assume family & friend) others out must be so wonderful!

It is amazing you know. The brothers will not have an answer for you other than the Tower literature. Yet they will continue to lead blind as they judge you wicked.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story Lady Liberty

The way you describe and explain your exploration of the whole 607 thing really clarifies it so much for me. Until now I have pretty much disregarded it due to its seeming so complicated. There is no way I would have been able to discuss it with a JW. But now I am interested in looking over it again.

I look forward to reading the rest of your story!

~Merry

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

just wanted to make a note that the pyramid symbol is not exclusively used by Masons and doesn't prove anything about Russell possibly being a Mason.

Pyramidology was very hot at the turn of the 19h Century and Russell was caught up in it and used his own take on the phenomenon along with what he read others claim about the Giza pyramid to try and bolster his own chronological teachings, etc.

Thank you for your reply Oroborus21. You make a good point. I agree with your comments. I just found it mindblowing that so... very much of what he wrote in the Studies of the Scriptures, had Freemason undertones. Publications that had the winged sun god over Egypt on the cover. The Divine Plan of the Ages, the Finished Mystery, Pastor Russell Sermons book, the Watchtowers use of the cross and the crown, the cross and crown pins they wore, his gravesite, etc.... all combined says alot! It makes you wonder why Jesus would select him when he was so wrapped up with the phenomenon. Why would Jesus pull them out of the "world " and inspire them to write such books that are filled with such demonic things as if they were from God Almighty himself. And whats even more amazing, is to this day, the organization still refers to those older publications as wonderful works of truth! They certainly aren't counting on anyone actually reading any of the older books, much less tohave the ability to get their hands on them. I never could understand why the Society never inluded those old "works of light" in any of their Watchtower Library cds. I now know why!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hello LL,

One of the things that finally dawned on me was that Russell was just another turn of the century prophet, and there wre several other religions started at the same time using essentially the same info Russell used. It hit me then, JWS were just another religion started at the turn of the century, not ispired by God, just a product of the time period.

Just another religion. That realization did it for me.

welcome to the board. Your story was great.

weds

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

The way you describe and explain your exploration of the whole 607 thing really clarifies it so much for me. Until now I have pretty much disregarded it due to its seeming so complicated. There is no way I would have been able to discuss it with a JW. But now I am interested in looking over it again.

I appreciate your reply! A couple of web sites especially helped me: www.607v587.com

Also go to Google and type in Watchtower Research, the first one entitled," Research on the Watchtower" under Alan Feuerbachers Essays. The Essay entitled, "Refutation of Appendix in Let your Kingdome Come".

Also, at one time this forum posted a kings list. It showed simple math that is inperfect harmony with the Bible. It disproves 607. I think Blondie posted it at one time. That too was VERY helpful.

I hope this helps you as much as it did me.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Welcome to the Board. I look forward to hearing more of your story, and talking to your husband as well.

P.S. 19 of us have found out the Truth, and left since our story started with my parents!

To all Regular Posters: This is why we are here. We reap what we sow, eh?

And to all the monitors sitting in Brooklyn right now: Pack your bags, and find a job. You won't be there much longer. The tower is crumbling beneath your feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit