Its a Wonderful Life-----share your JOY!

by anewme 42 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

It has been a hard couple months......so a little hard to find joy.

However, I am doing more shopping(Vegas trip and new spring clothes) and I found a great pair of shoes. Yesterday, I found a fantastic top to go with my white slacks(we all call them the Barry Gibb pants). Yeah my shopping lately has been absolutely fabulous!Plus, I am having a great hair day!

Brooke

• formyboys
    formyboys

1. I finally lost the feeling of running in place and going nowhere.

2. I actually made a few unconditional friends.

3. In my forties, I finally started to emotionally mature and realize the immense possibilities life offers us..

• delilah
    delilah

It's a great feeling to be free of the emotional treadmill, that was 5 meetings, plus service every week....I no longer feel guilty for not going to the kh on a meeting night.

My kids play football, can have friends over,(they were almost never invited to jw homes, we weren't in the IN crowd) We have made awesome new friends, and we have poker parties.

It is GREAT to sleep in on Sundays, and listen to the churchbells ringing downtown.....

My kids are happy, and well adjusted, in SPITE of what the borg teaches about "worldly" kids and keeping theirs away from them.The world is not a big huge scary place....

Yup, life is sweet. Enjoy!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't know if this will make sense to all of you, but we received an exhuberant dump of snow in a single day. Over a foot of the lovely stuff, just two days away from the first day of spring. I don't know how well my picture shows off how MUCH there is.

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~lake/cam/

I love how nature can foil the best laid plans of mice and men.

• anewme
    anewme

Liquid Sky, Calico, Gently Feral, Uncle Bruce, Es, Sass,Formyboys, Delilah, Dr. Jekyll, Brooke and others

(imagine really giant sized enlarged fonts)

ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE!!!!!!

• delilah
    delilah

Anewme......I love that movie.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

ROTFL! @ Doc - where the farkel did you get the pic of SLUGGA! LOLOLOL and what's he do'n under the big coathanger? .. ah so many questions so little time ..

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I prised it from the rigor mortis locked hands of a roadkill J Bear that I found on a really busy road in Scotland. Apparently these bears don't know what side of the road the traffic drives and are always getting run over

lol

• juni
    juni

JASMINE

Also, unconditional friends, my kids, my grandkids, camping, working in my flower gardens, time for reading anything I want, and not feeling oppressed by a man-made org. where you can never DO ENOUGH TO PLEASE GOD.

Juni

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I'm not where I want to be yet, but I know that I am starting to get control of my life. Today I woke up smiling (that didn't happen a lot before). I no longer live in fear of the religion. I am happy to just be - not who someones me to be, but just to be, without having to worry what others think of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit