Its a Wonderful Life-----share your JOY!

by anewme 42 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Hey Anewme!

It's a funny thing. My brother, who is also DFed, has been for 14 yrs (baaad family), well he said to me last year that he now experiences almost mind-numbing happiness. He takes all the 'positives' from his time in the org and keeps them, as well as all the other positives. I thought....WOW...you really can be ecstatically happy out of the JWs . That was when the penny dropped for me. The secret in finding that 'joy' is simply to let yourself!

My joy comes from my boys, knowing that they're free and seeing them develop and progress into handsome and pretty damn bright young men.

From nature. I'm a nature boy. May is my favourite month and it's fast approaching. Over here in England the hedgerows become 'filled' with the flowers of the Hawthorn tree and for me...looking down from a vantage point onto the green patchwork quilt of fields that are so characteristic of the English countryside, with the creamy white Hawthorn flowers contrasting against the bright young and fresh green of spring....that my friend is pure joy. 'All the milkiness of May' as H.E. Bates called it. Just a thought.

Peace

Lowden

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've only been out a few months after almost 25 years in, but so many good things have happened to me, and life is sweeter now than I ever imagined it could be.

For the first time in many years I am in love, and have recently moved in with my boyfriend

I am on the way to realising a long - forgotten dream by becoming a teacher, having just finished a week of shadowing a teacher in a local school

I feel a sense of freedom that I have not known in years, making my own decisions about how I live my life instead being dictated to by a few old men in New York.

I have real friends now, not conditional ones

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Still a practicing JW AND joyful. I have a great career that is only improving with time. I have two wonderful children; one is an accountant, the other a college PoliSci major, who will be attending law school. I have a great husband. We are building our dream home. I attend meetings when I want to, because I want to, not because I have to. I don't think Jehovah will kill me if I miss a few, even if I miss them to go on vacation. I go out in service when I want to, because I want to...not because I need to get my time. I don't believe Jehovah counts hours. I have always participated in other charitable organizations and will continue to do so.

My prayers would be considered irreverant because I do not view Jehovah as my God; I view him as my father. I "tell" on the organization regularly when speaking to him.

I look forward to the new world (whenever it might come) when this mess of an organization is straightened out. If it doesn't come in my lifetime, I don't care. I live a great life.

I look forward to seeing most of the people who post on this forum there, because my studies lead me to believe Jehovah judges hearts, and I feel most people here have very good hearts.

Most JWs would consider me apostate; most people here would consider me a zealot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit