The Watchtower Society killed my website

by Elsewhere 185 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. Why do they object so much when 99% of everything that is published on the web has been in the public domain anyway, i.e. in Watchtowers, Awakes and other literature whaich are distributed free of charge?

Because they want to control the conclusion the readers come to. This is why they insist on holding one-on-one studies with new people. It is a form of brainwashing.

2. Are any of the older books, e.g. by Russell and Rutherford still covered by copyright or has this now expired?

Yes. The copyrights for ALL of Russell's and Rutherford's books have expired. Anyone can reproduce the books in any quantity they want.

• sf
    sf

Because they want to control the conclusion the readers come to. This is why they insist on holding one-on-one studies with new people. It is a form of brainwashing.

Thusly, it stands to reason why you will not find a chatroom or discussion forum there.

sKally

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Shows that the Watchtower does not its own past publications to be available publicly.

Bangalore

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Obviously they feel that covering up their past helps them lie about it. Look at all the BS they say about the Bible Students leading up to 1914, for example.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

How exactly did you violate their copyright? I've never seen your website.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Who was the hosting company? Just out of curiosity.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit