Why do women make up the majority?

by daniel-p 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Characteristics of State Prison inmates

• Women were 6.6% of the State prison inmates in 2001, up from 6% in 1995.

Characteristics of jail inmates

Demographics
    • Women were 12% of the local jail inmates in 2002, up from 10% in 1996.

Women offenders

• In 1998 there were an estimated 3.2 million arrests of women, accounting for 22% of all arrests that year.
    • Based on self-reports of victims of violence, women account for 14% of violent offenders, an annual average of about 2.1 million violent female offenders.
    • Women accounted for about 16% of all felons convicted in State courts in 1996: 8% of convicted violent felons, 23% of property felons, and 17% of drug felons.
    • In 1998 more than 950,000 women were under correctional

Women offenders

• In 1998 there were an estimated 3.2 million arrests of women, accounting for 22% of all arrests that year.
    • Based on self-reports of victims of violence, women account for 14% of violent offenders, an annual average of about 2.1 million violent female offenders.
    • Women accounted for about 16% of all felons convicted in State courts in 1996: 8% of convicted violent felons, 23% of property felons, and 17% of drug felons.

Women offenders

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm

• juni
    juni

YOU ARE SO RIGHT SWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember those days standing on the sidewalk/street feeling like a moron because no decision could be made by bros. as to which way to go. Finally, the sisters - without head covering- took the lead.

Juni

• juni
    juni

I remember those days standing on the sidewalk/street feeling like a moron because no decision could be made by bros. as to which way to go. Finally, the sisters - without head covering- took the lead.

Juni

• juni
    juni

Juni

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the congo that I used to be in there were more women than men there were a lot of JW women whose husbands were not in the so called truth. I think women are more religious in order to compensate for their less spiritual nature. By nature they are more in touch with the earthly realities of life, the more immediate realities.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I think it's more of an issue about socializing. Men are not as into it as women. The opportunity to make friends and be a part of a community seems more attractive to women than men. Men I know who are more socially inclined are also very involved in their church. I think it has more to do with a desire for friends and a desire to be a part of a community, which has always really been more a woman thing than a guy thing, really. I don't see it as a brains issue at all. Intelligent people get trapped in cults all the time, and it's usually for social reasons.

• juni
    juni
    I think women are more religious in order to compensate for their less spiritual nature

Ah oh! What about the Wiccan religion? We have it here in Madison, WI. The women would disagree with you. They're very heavy into nature and spirits. I'm not Wiccan, but I don't agree with ya greendawn this time.

Juni

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think it's because women talk so much, they keep accidently converting all their friends!

I mean the book of Revelation says there was silence in heaven for half an hour, so god knows how they got them all to shut up!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

How To Tell The Sex Of A Bird

This Is AMAZING!!!

Until now I never fully understood how to tell,
    The difference Between Male and Female Birds.

I always thought it had to be determined surgically.

Until Now.

Which of The Two Birds Is a Female???

Below are Two Birds. Study them closely...

See If You Can Spot Which of The Two Is The Female.

It can be done.

Even by one with limited bird watching skills.

Maleseagull.gif (400x208 - 25 K) Exif Data

Of course the BIG MALE is the one barking orders!!!!

Swalker

• ballistic
    ballistic

*ballistic still waiting for someone to bite* - no one's taking the bait

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit