Why do women make up the majority?

by daniel-p 124 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    You should have said that, instead of talking about "white people rules". I'm surprised you don't see why it might be offensive to equate white with modern and black with primitive.

I did say that. I paraphased a comment made by Uncle Bruce.

I'm surprised you don't see why it might be offensive to equate white with modern and black with primitive.

And I'm surprised you don't see why it might be offensive to equate women with 'weaker vessels.'

JT, Margaret Mead probably had an ulterior motive in citing those experiences. She was probably a lesbian. LOL. What else would a *woman* be doing in a field dominated by men?

Lisa

Breaking Sterotypes Every Day Class

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

LDH You rock!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Hey Daniel-P

Did you imagine when you started this thread it would turn into this? I was stunned when I logged on this a.m. to see its twists and turns.

• LDH
    LDH

Mrs. McDucket,

I would like to speak to you privately for a moment. While I am forced to give you a "W" on Logical Argument, I'm also going to give you a "I" for Pausing, and a "G" for Pitch Power and Pace.

Do not be discouraged. Although you cited sources which had nothing to do with the argument at hand (a common JW tactic), your presentation was flawless.

Mrs. McD, don't be discouraged. Keep up the good efforts. I would like to share a scripture with you. It's in the Book of Lisa, Chapter 8, and ver 21. "Stand still and see the salvation of Justitia."

Lisa

• ballistic
    ballistic

Apparently, the reason women can "multitask" better than men is because, men needed a focused mind for hunting, whereas women needed to keep an eye on a dozen kids all crawling round the cave floor, and getting into all kinds of danger. And to this day men still have a one track mind.

• ballistic
    ballistic

making lots of babies for the woman to look after, obviously.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Women hunters sounds good! I'm sure in reality all the chatting would scare off the animals!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Just look what is required of a man to remain in the Watchtower Society. He has to meekly submit to the Alpha males in the congregation, submitting his balls in a little paper bag. If he keeps this up for five years or ten, or if daddy is an elder, he gets to do the same to the next set of converts. And how is he rewarded for being top dog in the Kingdom Hall? He gets to take a verbal lashing from his CO on a regular basis. Talk about whipped.
    It's not just the JW's. I see this trend in most churches in the western world. It's because religion in the western world has gone all soft and girly. There's Sunday School and Bake Sales and knitting bees, all run by women. Popular groups like "Promise Keepers" and Christian Bikers are an attempt to restore a manly-man role in the church."

Janet, great post. It made me laugh. I realize now that everything I have done in the congregation is in order to avoid having to submit my balls in a little paper bag. I've learned that I can be cooperative without having to constantly express my humility. I have embraced my ambition. When I go to the meetings and look around from my seat I see a bunch of people with blank looks on their faces, listening to talks on "how to pause," hearing dry demonstrations of how to place the magazines at a door "oh well thank you so much of course I will read them this is bullshit" slipping out of their mouths, reading paragraphs that admonish them to all trust in the paragraph, and so on. Its enough to make me go down and apply for the Masonic Lodge. Or whatever happened to the IOOF? We are all about the social aspects of religion anyway... thats all everyone comes for - is to see their friends and talk before and after the meeting. THe meetings might as well be conducted by machines - its so 'by wrote' and absurdedly superficial.

For all the rest of you - I really don't know what the discussion is all about... I was just asking why women seem to be more prevelent in religion - not asking about role reversals, that has little to do with the question. Specifically, how I can understand why attending meetings and stuff is so important to my wife with her low self-esteem. But I think I got enough to work with, thanks for your responses.
    Remember, arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your'e still retarded!

• LDH
    LDH
    if you win your'e still retarded!

Point well made!

I agree the comment re:submitting your balls was one of the best I've ever seen.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm feeling mischievous and no-ones biting. ! yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit