XXJW's...Dem's or Rep's??? Why?

by upside/down 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

What do you think XXJW's tend to become politically in the USA? The phrase from the frying pan into the fire seems appropriate. I'm not an anarchist...but I refuse to trade religious masters for political ones... But some enjoy exercises in futility...just look at the die hard Dubbies.

It seems that the bOrg mentality tends to produce more Dem's (or they just talk louder?)...they like to be "taken care of" and hold some "entity" responsible for almost everything.

It amazes me how so many...set free from the WTS cult...go and join a political "cult"...

It's so predictable how people will answer on almost any given subject...based on their political leanings...just like when weez waz Dubs. We spout the "party line"...cliches and all.

Why isn't there a group of people that don't subscribe to a "party line"...but rather judge any matter of controversy or debate on the merits of the issue at hand...and what they "feel", "believe" or are "persuaded" by facts or reasoning to go along with.

Bush is right on some stuff...wrong on some stuff...(as can be said of almost ANY whore politician)

Clinton was right on some stuff...wrong on some stuff...

But so many here...are 100% one way or the other...there is NO good to be found in any "opponent".

Why?

u/d(of the has embraced the study of psychology class)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

".they like to be "taken care of" and hold some "entity" responsible for almost everything."

That is in no way representative of the Democratic party. It is in fact, a common lie.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Here's my take on it. For 40 something yrs I believed that we didn't have to worry about anything political...now I realize that it was such a disservice to us to take away our voice and keep us from being involved in the political process. If more people would get involved and at least try to to add to society it could be a great benefit to everyone. To sit back and watch what is happening to this country and around the world is sad...that's the JW mentality!!! Don't get involved!!! So to say that it is similar to being a JW...I can't agree with that statement at all. That's what we did there, we sat and watched some sick stuff go on and did NOTHING!!! I don't totally agree with one party or the other, however I don't like the way things are going right now and look what party is running the show.

At the present time all we have to choose from are 2 parties....which is the lesser of the two evils??? Have you got an idea on getting other parties started??? I'd be glad to listen to your viewpoint...

Swalker (Cares about education, social security, environment, etc...and people in general!)

• JeffT
    JeffT

I have no party affliation. Since getting out I've voted for Dukakis, Perot, Clinton and Bush, I didn't entirely like any of them but picked the ones that idea the most ideas that I liked. If I every joine a party it will likely be the libertarians.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

To be a Republican is to be in bed politically with far more sinister theocrats than the WT Governing Body could ever hope to be. No thanks. I'll take my chances with the dems.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

u/d...did you watch Fahrenheit 9/11? If so, what were your thoughts on it? If not, why not???

Swalker

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I detest where the Republican party is right now. I do not believe it reflects the nation. I think its every bit as based on fear as the cult we left. On the other hand, I'm not happy with the dems either. Most of them need to grow a set of balls, speak up, and stay on message. I also think that both parties need to do some serious finance reform, both parties should only be able to use federal funding for campaigning, accept no perks (even meals) from lobbyists, and get out of bed with big business. Republicans right now are turning our nation into a plutocracy, the dems are at least trying to protect the constitution.

So, at that, I would answer to democrate more than republican, because I think they are the lesser of the two evils. I would vote green if they had an ice-cube's chance in hell of winning any race.

Sherry

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

ANYBODY but Bush.... I don't dislike republicans, I just don't like Bush....

If the GB were politicians, what'd ya think they would be, dem's or rep's?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

To make some broad characterizations of the two parties as they presently appear. Republicans believe idealogically that market forces can resolve not only economic issues but social injustice issues as well. Democrats believe idealogically that Government involvement and regulation is necessary to prevent abuses and promote economic equality. Republicans believe that the U.S.A. is the greatest nation on earth and as such can impose its will on other lesser nations. Democrats love the U.S.A. for its great diversity and its history of promoting education, arts and humanitariansm. These issues have become so tragically polarized that anyone who expresses concern about the environment, healthcare system or education system budget cuts is immediately labeled a "Liberal" Democrat. Anyone who says they are a Christian or buisines owner is assumed to Republican. Its really sad. Truly, I believe it would be a great thing if an 'instant runoff' system was adopted in national elections. People would suddenly begin to feel free to vote their conscience without fear of wasting their vote. I personally resent having to pick the lesser of two evils when a third option if presented would be my choice..

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Most of them need to grow a set of balls, speak up, and stay on message.

Don't you find it interesting that on a daily basis the news media is saying that the Democrats are not speaking out and taking a stand and then they are accused here of speaking out the loudest??? I'm shaking my head!!!

Republicans seem to be railroading them into silence...a lot more should have been said a lot sooner!!! I'm mad that the Democrats went along with this war in Iraq from the very beginning. Now there is a grassroots movement to actually DO something and they are screaming foul!

I would like to see more women and minorities get involved in the political process. It's long been my viewpoint that had there been women in the back-rooms pedophiles wouldn't have been given asylum in the JW religion. Same with the Catholic religion!!!

I think the Congress and Senate needs to be more balanced with as many women as men helping to run the show and make the laws.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit