What scares you? [Ozzie's Weekend Poll #157]

by ozziepost 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Gumby - I'm generally ok on planes once they're in the air (although I'd rather be on the ground) - and as long as it's not thundering and lightning! I'm more terrified of sailing - I'm sure I must've been a passenger on the Titanic in a previous life!!

Like your daughter, when I was put on antidepressants last year, I was scared to take them at first.

unclebruce - Yeah, EEEEEEKKKK!! I know we don't get thunderstorms so bad over here - even though I've seen roofs taken off houses by lightning strikes and know of folks whose phones have been melted, tv's blown up and gas fires blown of the wall. I think I'd have heart failure if I was somewhere where real thunderstorms happen.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

15. Other (please detail)

People who don't care about others not even a little bit.

God cares.

BlessedStar

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What really scares me ....... ???

I would say having diarrhea on a crowded subway.

Rub a Dub

• lola28
    lola28

Wow, nice to see I'm not the only one that is scared of escalators .

lola

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

What scares me?

!5. Other

Several things scare me.

Tornados...I've been through them and when I was a little girl our house was taken apart by one. So they really freak me out. My kids getting killed...I don't think I could survive that one. I'm scared of growing old alone and never finding love.

FF

• Golf
    Golf

UB, the reason I carry and extra pair of pants when I'm playing golf, is, in case I get a hole-in-one!!!!

Golf

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Wow, Chimene, we have the exact same fears, that's funny, I could totally relate. (not having really lived, and kids moving out.)

My fears: being bored. It really is. that's why I'm always late, doing things last minute. I hate to get somewhere early and then just have to stand and wait and think. Also I can't stand writing a paper when I'm bored. It's much more exciting when the 10 page paper is due in less than 48 hours!

And let me clarify, I do not have kids yet, but I am so scared of the day that one day I will, and I can almost feel the emptiness I'll know when they move out. that's why I want to have like 5 kids. Or more. But my husband is totally against it. We almost got a divorce over that. Now I realize it's just not worth a divorce, plus, you can't have kids to meet your own needs. I have to get my own life. So we plan on a measly two. Oh well. Maybe they'll have lots of grandkids for me. Who knows? Maybe I'll hate kids? But I don't think so.

And I'm not scared of spiders, but ROACHES ARE DISGUSTING. I had an incident on the train last week. It was bad. I almost caused mass hysteria because of this roach that was running toward me. It was a silent but packed train car, and when I screamed, everyone looked over.

And FlyingHighNow, oh my god, that must have been awful with the escalator. I never thought of that scenario, but it is just awful even to picture it. So glad your son is okay.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

In the given list, the only two that I'm fearful of is:

The death of a partner. (Just the thought of it makes me well up. I know it would be devastating.)

The big "C". (I fear this because it's an issue in my family. The chances of me contracting it are fairly high.)

Spiders (Give me a snake anyday!)

Enclosed spaces (I have major claustrophobia. Mozz and I were playing around the other day and he closed the closet door on me while I was in it. Immediately my heart starts racing and my throat closes in fear. Ughs. HATE closed spaces.)

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Volcanoes

Earthquakes

Tornados

Hurricanes

Those are the things I am afraid of.

BlessedStar

• loathjw
    loathjw

The movie, "The March of the Penguins!" I had nightmares from that movie, and just when I think I've moved past it, someone who just saw the movie has to remind me--and it brings all the horror right back!

I'm not joking, and my family members have been mailing and e-mailing me pictures of penguins because they think its hysterical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit