More Bethelite Table Crumbs Please!

by MadApostate 86 Replies latest jw friends

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

I don't think anyone has said this, but nobody here is obligated to share anything. Those who do take the time and trouble to share information and personal experiences are to be thanked, not quarreled with because they didn't tell us everything we wanted to know, especially in the beligerent manner some use. The research and preperation of posts, and the personal replies to posters requires time, precious time that could be spent in a million other ways, with family, friends, and loved ones, and in countless other activities that give personal satisfaction. Some here might get that personal satisfaction posting here, but that, in no way, diminishes their contribution.

I for one appreciate the time and effort spent by posters here. They owe me nothing. Every single person who I've asked to reply personally, or for help or insight, either privately or publicly on this forum, have done so. None of them know me personally. Many of them are risking much by doing so.

It really gets my goat when some whiner doesn't hear what they want and starts complaining because they didn't hear everything they wanted to. Frankly, I'll take the crumbs and table scraps, and say thank you very much.

I think larc hit the nail on the head when he thought is was a problem with self esteem. Some here obviously know each other outside the forum. So what. Others have spent years, here and on various other forums, discussing the various issues involving the WTB&TS. Should we all expect to be treated equally if we don't have the history or relationship that others have? I don't think so. Any friendship requires time and the building of trust. You can't just come here and expect everyone to be your best friend and share everything with you. Grow up!

• teejay
    teejay

Sam Beli said,

However, you do have a point about a 'clique' that seems to exist among some. For example: "check your e-mail;" "I'll call you;" "we?ll talk soon;" and similar expressions said on this board.

I noticed that someone made one of those statements the other day. I started to ask, "why bother saying what you just said?" but let it pass. I figured out how to deal with the "I know something and I'm not telling you" kind of statements back in third grade.

I support the right and freedom of people 'in the know' to keep secret or reveal what they wish, for whatever reason. I support their right and freedom to reveal it when and to whom they wish. But what's the deal when they post to a public forum something like, "I have awesome news but I can't post it here. Check your email"? I think we all know.

MadApostate and Sam have a point.

tj

• LDH
    LDH

The Four Star General and the Private First Class don't have much in common, other than they are fighting the same war.

One is not more important than the other, they are both needed to win the war. But, they move in different circles. And have different jobs to do.

Even The Wizard didn't want to be exposed, because he wasn't who everyone else thought he was. Remember?

Lisa

• larc
    larc

teejay,

Sometimes, check your e mail is just a simple reminder to someone, and does not imply secret information among some elite group. For example, I recently e mailed something of a personal nature to Farkel which had nothing to do with the content of this board. He did not respond, so I reminded him here. If you recall, I e mailed you early in your history here with something I wanted to say to you personally, words of encouragement if you recall. If you had not responded within a few days, I would have reminded you just like I did Farkel.

I believe my request to Farkel is the only time that I put a reminder on this forum. I only explain this because I don't want to be included in some broad brush statement regarding the request for e mails. I seems to me that if you have problems with particular posters, you should name them specificly and state the nature of your grievance. Isn't that the advice given in the scriptures?

• teejay
    teejay

Larc,

I remember the email you sent on my arrival here. I still have it, as a matter of fact. I thought it was cool when you sent it but have since reevaluated your intent.

I really don't think people need reminding about emails these days. It's on the daily "list of things to do" for most of us. We respond when we can and want. Personally I think that MadApostate and Sam have a point here, and I'm happy as hell that they are the ones who said it, leaving me to only agree.

I seems to me that if you have problems with particular posters, you should name them specificly and state the nature of your grievance. Isn't that the advice given in the scriptures?

Fair enough. Why don't you go to http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=10869&page=4, down near the bottom where I speak to you "specifically." I have a problem with you due to the low to which you have recently gone with your juvenile insults. You've taken on the appearance of a miss maudie, playing to a lesser crowd, it seems to me. I thought better of you. I've been wrong before.

that aside, I see no valid reason for anyone to tease posters to a public forum with info they never hope to reveal to the posters at large. "check your email" should suffice, but in my experience, even that simple phrase is unnecessary. Something more is at work, imo. MA and Sam have a point.

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Teejay, clearly you have not read what Dino said about his reason for the Check your e-mail. Or what I wrote in this thread about high volumes of mail, which I know to be absolutely true. What you seem to be doing is fomenting something here. I ignored it when others noted your tendency to do it, but it is starting to glare now.

: but in my experience, even that simple phrase is unnecessary. Something more is at work, imo.

You continue to assume bad motive, something sinister. You will not be satisfied no matter how much anyone attempts to reason with you. That's sad. Now you put Sam Beli on one side with you and MadA.

That's divisive, and it does not contribute to an atmosphere in which anyone would wish to participate--suspicion.

If you've made your point, drop it. People are admittedly skimming this thread and coming to conclusions without even considering what's being discussed. Talk about making a mountain of a molehill! You've expressed your opinion, now get on with whatever it is that you want to do here.

• teejay
    teejay

Jerome,

You are right. I haven't read what either you or Dino said. I'm confused by how you made the mental leap from me stating my opinion, agreeing with that of other posters, to saying that I'm "fomenting something." I said nothing of a 'sinister' motive behind the practice, just a tad juvenile, if that. "Sinister" is YOUR word and I'd thank you to not put your words in my mouth. If you please.

I'm sorry... have I not responded to someone's attempts to reason with me here? If so, I surely missed it. Perhaps you could provide me with points of direction to where that occurred. I still think those who post of having knowledge of this-or-that and then 'run off,' as it were, keeping it to a select few after kicking up interest among the wider populace, are bound to generate bad feelings. It's something I learned long ago and assumed everyone else did, too.

I don't "put Sam on one side with me and MadA." If anything, I'm on THEIR side. You should try reading more carefully, Jerome. If I happen to agree with a poster and you think it's "divisive," well... that's something I'm going to have to struggle to live with. I like my chances.

I DID make my point and I DID drop it, responding only when Larc responded to me. I guess by responding to you, someone ELSE now will take up the "teejay doesn't know how to let it go" banner. We'll see. As far as "people skimming this thread and coming to conclusions...", I guess you'd be in a better position that I am to make that determination--knowing what other people think (other than what's posted). I can only say what I think, what MY opinion is. I did that.

And yes, you have made a mountain out of a molehill. Why that is, I can only guess.

tj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit