More Bethelite Table Crumbs Please!

by MadApostate 86 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Mad and Sam,

Let us suppose you wanted to become a member of a group with inside information. How would you go about it? It seems to that this has been your approach so far.

1. Demand that they provide confidental information in a public forum.

2. Use obsenities when they explain why they can't.

3. Call them names if a reference they make is misdirected.

It seems to me that this is not an effective approach.

I think a better approach would be to establish credibility and demonstrate an ability to maintain confidences, and not really worry about whether you are invited in or not. I seems to me that those who do not push to get in, are the ones most likely to be accepted.

To personalize this, would you tell everything about yourself here? There is certain information I would only share after knowing someone a long time, and there is some information I would never post here. There is other information I would gladly give, but I don't because of my wife's request. If it was up to me, I would give my full name and address. I would only lose my sister as a result, and I could probably live with that. My wife would lose more family, and I certainly don't want to contribute to that.

Mad and Sam, are you willing to post your full name and address and also tell us of every sin and mistake you have made in your lives? If not, why not?

Now, when we go beyond ourselve to the discussion of others, it is even more necessary to consider the ramifications of our words. I think the posters who limit what they report have made their reasons very clear.

By the way, If you want to learn more of what Bethelites have to say, Randy has posts from many on them, and most provide an open e mail address.

• zev
    zev

and ..
    although i could not stomach reading hrough all this stuff....

it is the essence of why i revert to staying away from this sight more and more.

especially because i am finnaly learning to think that all is not as i thought, and then mud slinging goes on like this and i begin to wonder what the hell i am doing.

turning the computer off now....

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Dino
    Dino

Hello Mad and Sam! In the organization there so much blatant hypocrisy with someone always desiring to one up the other guy. Sometimes there is a pecking order as well. No doubt you are disgusted by what you perceive as spilling over into this board. Please allow me to add my two cents about Max, (as if he needed it). I had something so useful to our cause and damaging to the org, but I didnt know how to utilize it. I found Max to be so totally unpretentious and without affectation. He was genuinely helpful and I found that refreshing in view of having dealt with so many DO's that were polar opposites. I know he would be uncomfortable with this, and I hope this doesnt sound gushing, but so help me what I am saying is the truth. Like it or not, Max is one of the elder statesman on this board, and he doesnt deserve this treatment. Max works very hard in the war as so many do here. I personally would much rather hear of his life experiences than just about anything else. Let's give the old guy our respect. And lastly, if you feel left out, why not contact Silentlambs and GET INVOLVED! On the other hand, if (and only if)you are a WT troll trying to foment trouble, then kiss my ass! Really no one is as senstive as you seem to be. Dont take that the wrong way and if you spew insults it wont bother me. Dino P.S. Max, looking forward to that book!

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    Just follow the DB here and it becomes evident that more info is shared behind the scenes via email between members of the cliques than ever reaches the Board, or if it does, it takes much longer to do so. Then, when blatant concealing of info occurs, ....

I share your frustration, Mad. I often find myself shaking my head in disappointment and frustration realizing that the "credentials" that rank among JW drones seem to be the crucial ones for automatically commanding adulation and respectful indulgence here on JWD. And I'm not proud of myself for rolling my eyes whenever one insider invites another to share secret tidbits "in confidentiality" away from the prying eyes of the rabble. Try to calm down, though. Most of these so-called insiders seem to have honorable purpose and to be decent folks trying to accomplish a noble purpose. Their worse fault just may be being a wee bit out of touch with the frustrated sentiments of those whose opinions and efforts have been treated as of so little value by the organization of JWs. It does rather lend itself to the chip on the shoulder syndrome (not accusing you, just doing some introspection of my own).

But raise yourself erect and lift your head up, our "deliverance" seems to be getting near; thanks to members of the Insiders' Club the light finally is getting brighter, even if to some it seems to barrel forward at the locomotive clip of an IV drip.

Fwiw, I do think all of us on this db might try a little harder to accord everyone an equal degree of benefit of doubt when it comes to inferring tone and motive, if at all possible, irrespective of past organizational pedigree or lack thereof of the poster.

Just my two. Peace.

-AMNESIAN

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Mad,

The author of the "Happiness" book is named in Crisis of Conscience. It's in the index, in fact.

What are the real reasons for your frustrations?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Not that my opinion will be all that important since I am not that important here, but I do see the clique thing. On the other hand, I don't give a rat's behind if I'm in the "clique" or not. What I do know is that the WTS must be overjoyed when they read this thread. Especially since we all know how much they must hate Max. They are probably thrilled that he is getting this crap dished at him. So I just say that those who want to be in a clique have the right to do so and those of us who don't like it need to GET OVER IT! In the end, what's important? Isn't it MOST important to successfully and legally beat the sh*t out of the Watchtower and teach them a good, hard lesson! I for one am looking forward to seeing them squirm!

• sf
    sf

"...thanks to members of the Insiders' Club the light finally is getting brighter,..."

And thanks to the many who are "no part of that (insiders) "org", who are active daily in getting "schtuff" out to the masses; via the net, community efforts, storming local news media for action, etc. WE are hard in this "fight" too! Yet, once again, we are resigned to "wait on the "Insiders""(waiting on "jehovah"). If we "move ahead" of Them, we will surely "pay", won't we? Subject to rejection even...ouch...not again...not Them...again.

If there IS inside leakage occuring (duh)...KEEP IT INSIDE. If you have secret inside leakage that only can be viewed via email...why announce it in public???? What is the EXACT motive/intention? What are They "gaining" with such announcements anyway?

sKally, (FLUSHED klass)

• larc
    larc

Folks,

For those of you who are concerned about this status thing, I just don't get it. Maybe it is because, status was never a personal concern of mine. I don't feel inferior or superior because of status diferentials.

In my own case, I left the religion at a young age and while I had potential for advancement, I was not in long enough in adulthood to achieve that. In my "wordly life" I have status because of my credentials. However, among those who I consider my friends they cover the entire range of the status spectrum.

This will offend some, but it seems to me that those who are offended by status differences have self esteem issues to deal with. I am stating this as a general conclusion. I am not saying this applies to any particular individual. It is just something to think about.

• sf
    sf

"The author of the "Happiness" book is named in Crisis of Conscience. It's in the index, in fact."

Chapter 10...page 253.

Hi Lisa. Nice to "see" you again.

sKally

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    "...thanks to members of the Insiders' Club the light finally is getting brighter,..."

And thanks to the many who are "no part of that (insiders) "org", who are active daily in getting "schtuff" out to the masses; via the net, community efforts, storming local news media for action, etc. WE are hard in this "fight" too!

Uh, congratulations? I don't believe anyone was suggesting that only the "insiders" are making a difference, certainly not I. I understand this thread to be about the so-called insiders around here and the clique-ishness that prevails. Not about any self-described outsider activists. I was simply trying to offer a balanced viewpoint that presented the issue from both Mad's and his detractors' viewpoints. That meant clearly understanding Mad's frustration, yet not failing to appreciate that without measured, discreet and timely "insider" disclosure, all "getting 'schtuff' out to the masses; via the net, community efforts, storming local news media for action, etc" is, unfortunately, just so much whistling in the wind when it comes to nailing and affecting a change in the WTBTS.

Yet, once again, we are resigned to "wait on the "Insiders""(waiting on "jehovah"). If we "move ahead" of Them, we will surely "pay", won't we? Subject to rejection even...ouch...not again...not Them...again.

You'll pardon my saying so, I mean no offense, but I wonder if you are not one of those about whom I suggested may have a chip on your shoulder as a result of your treatment by the organization. If so, I certainly understand. If not, you jumped to a very narrow and thoroughly off-target conclusion as to the meaning of my words. And one so diametrically opposed to my perspective and meaning that I'd find it amusing if it didn't so ironically remind me of too many hours sitting listening to JWs jump to and take off running with their preposterous conclusions.

-AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit