More Bethelite Table Crumbs Please!

by MadApostate 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

: FUCK YOU MAX!!

You've crossed a line. I overlooked your boorish lack of civility and downright nastiness before; I will not again. It is YOUR attitude that stinks. Don't expect responses from me again.

That's why Jim Penton and Ray Franz will not participate here; responses such as yours. And why I rethink my own participation every day.

When my book comes out, you won't get my autographed copy.

Maximus

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Amazing,

You said "We already know that some were Gay, or had other serious problems."

(Deep cleansing breath before I have to say this once again)

Take it from someone who knows, being gay is definitely not a "problem".

Peace,
    Jon

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If you are a JW it is. If you're a GB member, it SURE is, lol.

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Six,
    Ok Ok I get it. If Amazing meant that is was a "problem" for the JW's and not a "problem" in and of itself, then I apologize for taking offense. Sorry but some of the posts on this board the last couple of days has made me a tad bit touchy on this subject.

Peace and love to you and yours,
    Jon

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

"When my book comes out, you won't get my autographed copy."

Max, I probably won't sleep tonight. Your D.O. arrogance bleeds through again.

If you weren't so self-centered, you would never have "assumed" that my comments were directed at Barbara's posts or similar "meaty" topics. No, you assume that your threads/posts are the only ones that participants are interested in. Well, take a count. There's lots of other topics here.

Frankly, I could care less whether you respond to my posts or not. The only time you do respond is if I'm have posted something favorable to a topic of your interest. Thus, it is to your detriment if you don't.

As far as your book is concerned, if it takes you as long to get it on the market, as it does to get things done on this DB, ...

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

"PS: Please don't put down my friend Maximus. He is a great person, and he makes excellent posts, and really does not deserve being slammed down that way. Thanks. - Amazing"

OK, I see that you have no concern that he slanders and falsely accuses me of something that never even entered my mind.

Would you care to post a caution to him?

• bj
    bj

MadApostate, please cool down and mind your language. Maximus deserves our respect and shouldn't be treated that way (I don't believe that foul language contribute to something positive).
    You're angry not because of Maximus, but because of ME! It was I who mentioned the HAPPINESS book. (check it again and you see) As Barbara and Maximus didn't publish names, why should I? (I just did my homework)We need to be all patient and wait, when it's time up don't worry as Maximus did over and over again he will let us know.
    Hope I didn't offend you as this isn't my aim. And please take it from a friend.

Joe

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Jonjonsimons: You said,

"Take it from someone who knows, being gay is definitely not a "problem"."

JW View: I was speaking from the standpoint that the Watch Tower Society openly condemns homosexual activity, while at the same time they have had many individuals at Bethel who are actively Gay. My imporession from those who have been there is that the 'problem' is not always cleaned out, and if your a GB members, you can get away with being Gay. So, from that persective, the WTS is hyprocritical.

Bible View: The New Testament, specifically the writings of the Apostle Paul, do clearly condemn homosexual activity. It is not feasible to get around what is said, and say that it is okay for Christians. This does not mean that support what Paul said, but that what he said is clear, and cannot be side-stepped.

Social View: Society in general, such as the USA, is recognizing that it cannot impose Christian or other religious standards upon those who profess to be Gay. So, in the politically correct sense, being Gay in the USA today is generally accepted, or at least moving in that direction at a good pace.

A good friend of mine, a Persian from Iran, told me that Iranian and persian history shows that when the population increases with extra men, and there is no war, that homosexuality increrases dramatically. After a big war, when men are reduced in ranks, then homosexuality decreases. He also told me that homosexuality is more accepted in their part of the world than in the west, and that this has a long history dating back 3000+ years. I am not sure of the facts supporting this claim, but I find it an interesting view.

Even in the animal kingdom among many species, only a few males get to fight for the right to have heterosexual contact, and that the rest of the males are out of luck. I have read some material which discusses homosexual behavior in some animal species. So, it may be that while one male gets the females in the herd, the other males have to figure something out.

Legal View: I personally believe that Gay's are far too sensitive, and have a similar 'persecution complex' that JWs used to have. Some of it is understandable, and some of it is not. I also believe that Gays are pushing for 'special rights' regarding a 'behavior', rather than a physical state, such as race, which would be outside their control. They are pushing for rights that they really already have and can exercise, but instead choose to make a big stink about labels. Example: Marriage. Two gay people can Incorporate and secure all the same rights as do married people, including hospital visitations as a corporate partner, propeorty and inheritance, etc. Adoption may still be a problem.

Medical View: I have read some scientific literature that suggests different brain formation in those who are Gay. It is not totally conclusive, but if it proves true, and it can be shown that Gay people are not simply 'choosing' that behavior, but have a biological development that makes them as they are, then we have some real moral, ethical, and legal issues to deal with. And I am not the least bit interested in debating these issues.

I do believe that medical science needs to keep searching for answers, and then I guess it will largely depend on whether Gays will want treatment to become "heterosexual" or remain as they are. Also, science needs to find answers for diseases that have largely affected Gays, such as HIV. Not that these have not infected other parts of the population, but because a cure is the right and good thing to do for everyone who is so infected.

My View: I have mixed feelings. I can understand two people of the same sex wanting to be together, love one another, and desire to share a lifetime committment. I have a lifetime committed relationship with my best friend who is also male. We have been best friends for 45 years. However, I would never have sexual relations with him, although he is a damn nice looking man. And I can openly say that I love my best friend and always will. But, I never want to see his penis, especially not touching my body.

Assuming there is no God, however, nature seems to show us that men and women were meant to have sexual relations for procreative purposes as well as expression of love. I find it difficult to imagine how two men or two women would want to extend their relationship into same sex acts. But, I am not Gay, so I suppose that is where my understanding has to end.

What Pisses Me Off: What I, and many others in the heterosexual community get pissed off about it how some Gays, especially activists, take the smallest comment out of conext, and read into it all sorts of things never said or intended. They have no tolerance for the feelings, opinions and views of heterosexuals, but gays want everyone to understand and tolerate their feelings and views. This tension creates needless debate over issues of little more value than Bovine Excrement. Gay's need to get off their 'persecution' complex, or the 'I'm not understood' complex, and just do what they are going to do.

I have been following the ABC show, "Big Brother" with Bunky the Gay. He is a nice man, loves his partner, and does not rub his gay-ness in our faces. He has done some good in breaking certain stereotypes. If more Gays could be like Bunky, and just move on and stop their mean-spirited hate-mongering-bashing and heterophobia then we all might get along just a little better. - Amazing

• sf
    sf

Worf,

Please read this thread very carefully.

Four words..."I told you So(Be "It")!

sKally, [>:(] klass

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Hello Mad One,

The former bethelites here may know quite a bit about what goes on behind the scenes, but what if their disclosure is based on hearsay or rumor? They may know deep down it's true, but without real proof, detractors can accuse them of slander or other such things. The fact that they don't want to have to defend the truth of their comments to other posters (or WTS legals) is fine with me.

I'd love to get all the dirt from Bethel too, but I don't want to hear rumors and hearsay. What they know may be through the grapevine and could land their informants in a lot of hot water.

hope you understand,
    Jer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit