More Bethelite Table Crumbs Please!

by MadApostate 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

MadApostate

Is it really necessary for you to open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are a thoroughgoing fool?

I'd be willing to bet that given a choice, the majority of this board would much rather do without you than do without Max.

Want to put it to a binding vote?

Francois

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

BJ (and others):

I'm not even mad at you. It was just that your failure (continuing) to identify the author of "Happiness" just happened to be the "final straw" of a continuing situation of cliques here controlling info available to non-clique members. It isn't necessarily about whether info has been verified or not, came from a confidential source, needs to be protected from "Legal", etc.

Just follow the DB here and it becomes evident that more info is shared behind the scenes via email between members of the cliques than ever reaches the Board, or if it does, it takes much longer to do so. Then, when blatant concealing of info occurs, ....

By the way, you said you know who authored "Hap" due to "homework". Are you saying that info is somehow available if only the rest of us non-Bethelites were better researchers? I doubt that.

AND YES my anger was due to Max's condemnation of this thread based on a totally head-up-his-ass assumption. How dare any hypocrites here counsel me about my conduct without also chewing on his ass for his slanderous conduct.
    I'll apologize to him when he first apologizes to me for his needless outburst that could have just as easily been an inquiry as to my meaning.

• waiting
    waiting
    How dare any hypocrites here counsel me about my conduct without also chewing on his ass for his slanderous conduct.

o poo. You told me within the last 10 days to GET THE FUCK OUT of a thread if I didn't like it. And remember why? I suggested - and I did suggest - that you not interfer with two grown, accomplished, posters who were slightly angry women. I suggested that your life and happiness would be longer if you'd stay out of their discussion.

And you didn't like it - so you web-yelled and cursed at me.

And now you've done the same to Max.

I'll apologize to him when he first apologizes to me

o poo again. Stop cursing and yelling and acting like a first-grader.
    You have such good information - like on the Berry Case thread. Remarkable insight - but your *people skills* could use some polish, eh?

Come on now, I'm not in the "in-group who know" either. But why should I be? What do I have to contribute to inside knowledge? Who do I know that would confide confidential information to me (besides my cat)?

Perhaps if no apologies are forthcoming.....a truce among Great Men? (cough, choke, sigh......)

waiting

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Mad, I definitely do not condone your use of foul language! You were way over the top on that one!

However, you do have a point about a ‘clique” that seems to exist among some. For example: ‘check your e-mail;” “I’ll call you;” “we’ll talk soon;” and similar expressions said on this board. These statements seem to be made to “show-off,” to convey that the persons involved have “special” knowledge or relationship that they share with each other, but won’t share with the rest of us.

We all have persons we feel closer to than others, but why flaunt (or seem to) on this board. Seems to me that if some do not want to share with all, then they should let the other person find it in his/her mail box when they look, without some special message here that seems to emphasize the special knowledge and relationship of these “insiders.”

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Shane
    Shane

WHAT EVER COMES OUT THROUGH THOSE GATES, WE STAND A BETTER CHANCE FOR SURVIVAL IF WE WORK TOGETHER DO YOU UNDERSTAND !!!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Sam Beli,

We have not 'talked' before, so greetings.

You noted :

However, you do have a point about a ‘clique" that seems to exist among some. For example: ‘check your e-mail;" "I’ll call you;" "we’ll talk soon;" and similar expressions said on this board. These statements seem to be made to "show-off," to convey that the persons involved have "special" knowledge or relationship that they share with each other, but won’t share with the rest of us.

The fact is Sam that some of these people do have a 'special relationship' and do have inside knowledge that it would be irresponsible of them to divulge on a public forum. For example I have no doubt that the increasingly unfairly maligned Maximus, knew of the involvement of Ms. Anderson in the child-abuse issue many months ago. It would have been an act of unforgivable irresponsibility for Max to have mentioned such on this forum, before Ms. Anderson was ready to do this herself.

I have highlighted a couple of words in your post which are of great importance in evaluating this issue, and while I have no doubt that cliques do exist here, as in any walk of life, I feel that these words are being unfairly applied to many who are still trapped within the WTS and passing information in uncomfortable circumstances. This forum is a meeting place for them and if a camaraderie does develop between them it is only natural and understandable.

By the way, has anyone told you ( if your picture is the real thing ) that you bear a striking resemblance to Cary Grant. I for one, am jealous.

Best regards to you - HS

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

HS:

While Amazing, Yourself, and maybe another has "twisted" the TYPE of INFO into things that obviously should not be discussed openingly, my original request was in regards to such inert things as "who authored the book "Happiness" and other WTS books.

Just because Max half-read my post and went off half-cocked doesn't mean his supporters should now come in and make it appear that I was Demanding the publicizing of improper info.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

MadApostate,

Mad by name and mad by nature its seems. Ease up the bluster MadA, we all get upset, how we handle the upset is what distinguishes the depth and quality of our character. Remember, you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Kind regards - HS

There is an insolence which none but those who themselves deserve contempt can bestow, and those only who deserve no contempt can bear - Feilding

PS - My response to which you just replied was to a post made by Sam Beli. It seems that in your rush to judgment, you missed this.

• Kent
    Kent

Mad Apostate said:

Then, on this DB, former Bethelites constantly exchange posts where their word choice is "cloaked" so that many of us who were not insiders are left guessing at meaning, people, etc. Obviously, even individual members of this fraternity have unique experiences and insights. If such info is not disseminated, it is lost if that person dies naturally or in an accident.

Would you folks please post more elaborately so that the rest of us can benefit from your knowledge and experience.

The statement that motivated this post made a silent reference to the author of the Happiness book. The authorship of recent WTS publications would be a nice start.

I guess many will be a bit shocked here, since I in this thread actually do have some sympathy for what Mad Apostate is saying. There is a huge "worship" of people having been in Bethel at times, and even "elders" and former elders often get a certain "respect" just because they have been in some "position".

Well - let me say it this way. These people had a position in an organization we agree (most of us, anyway - these former bethelites and elders included) is no good, and being a part of the leadership of such a club doesn't qualify for any special priviledges in my book.

I do NOT mean to say that anyone HAS to reveil anything he knows, since that is a personal choise. I don't even say he SHOULD do that whenever asked. And there is many reasons for that.

Let me say it this way:

If nobody were on the inside, we wouldn't get any information on what's going on.

The people on the inside wouldn't be there for long if their identity was known!

So, there is a need for hiding certain information, since nobody in their right mind would give any amunition to the Legal Dep goons, or to the kangaroo courts of the watchtower.

On the other hand...
    Provided there is no risc of "burning" anyone, there is no strategic (because such matters need to be considered as well) reasons for holding back information, I agree with Mad Apostate.

I know for a fact, since even idiots like me do get some mails from folks, it's rather irritating with half said stuff. "I know, and I know this and that, know that person, and knows who did what". When the next is a big zero - nothing at all - why give the first information in the first place? Anyone know someone knows someone or something. There is no need to write that down - it's self explanatory!

If someone wants to say something like that, give some information to tell why the first information was important. If not, it will soon be looked upon as bragging - even if that was not the intention at all.

Maybe I'm making some people pissed off by saying this, but in some cases there is best to say B if you said A. And in some cases it's better to simply shut up - instead of saying A in the first place.

Strategy is interesting, but if no such considerations is involved, I can't see why someone should "know who wrote a book" - and don't say who did. It's obviously a whole lot of people knowing that - and information like that doesn't endanger anyones anonymity at all.

So, with some reservations, I have a bit of sympathy for Mads original statement.

No harm intended at anyone, but online nobody is worth nothing but their last mail! Nobody really cares what they did before - and every mail and post must stand on it's own record.

The reasons Ray Franz isn't here is unknown to me. I'm not so sure the reasons given for Jim Penton are the same - and I and others on this board has met with Jim before. We also had our clashes with him...

Jim also did write some articles especcially for the Watchtower Observer, even though they are all over the place now.

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Kent,

Dare I say it? Check your mail....

HS - Ducking for cover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit