More Bethelite Table Crumbs Please!

by MadApostate 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Well, I didn't read all of this thread, so I hope I'm not parroting anything else. What I see here is a reflection of a lot of pain, manifesting itself as anger. Someone wrote in another thread, sometime ago, that we are all like abused children when we come out of the ORG. I think we're all just in a lot of pain. Clicks were a huge issue with those of us who didn't "fit the mold" of perfect JWs (REJOICE in that!). Call me crazy but, even though I couldn't read through all the mudslinging, I'M SO GLAD WE CAN "TALK" LIKE THIS NOW!!! Remember the old days, when you had an issue, and you'd just have to choke it down? Internalize? Get ulcers? Medicate your pain?
    THIS IS GREAT!! We're HUMAN AGAIN!!! We can have different opinions, we can express anger, hurt, etc. Just don't hurt anyone. I'd hate to see anyone stop posting here. We all have something vital to contribute and glean.
    B. :) (waiting for someone to tell me to take my psycho-fluff and F-off!) hehehehe

• Seeker
    Seeker
    I think the real test of whether this clique feels they are above the rest of us will come if/when the time comes that there is no need for secrecy, and they continue to be secretive.

Why on earth would that happen?! Who wants to be secretive? I've been dying to tell as many people as possible what I know, and only didn't because I was requested not to. The fact that I can keep my word says nothing about me wanting to be part of some clique, or desiring to be secretive. I'm not and I don't.

Wild accusations don't make truthful statements. There is a reason why some information hasn't been released yet. When the time comes, there will be no reason to hold anything back. In the meantime, I have to patient like everyone else, because damage could be done otherwise.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The way that Max's groupies have been able to twist the intent and meaning of my words in this thread to paint such in the most negative light possible, while twisting Max's words so as to paint him in the most positive light possible

What part of "FUCK YOU, MAX!!!!" was twisted? How do you put ANY positive "light" on that?

Nice ad hominem, "Max's groupies," that. You presented no argument, nor did you present and rebuttal to my comments about the NEED to keep quiet about certain things.

YOU are the entertainment, MadApostate: in demanding to hear stuff that you simply have demonstrated you don't deserve to hear.

You owe Max a big apology.

Max doesn't have the tough skin that you might think he does, and it troubles him deeply that people like you act the way you do. If he leaves this board, you'll be one of the main reasons for it. He's basically worn out from the DateLine thing and all the help and comfort he's given so many troubled JWs this past year. The last thing he needs in his life is a DipFuck like you demanding that he spoon feed you and everyone else what he knows.

When someone has been in deep the inside of the WTS elite for decades
    one learns when to speak and when to shut up.

You haven't learned. You're just a selfish big mouth who's pissed because you aren't trustworthy enough to be privy to even the Sunday Headline in the New York Times on the following Monday morning.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• AlanF
    AlanF

I've told people several times that this "MadApostate" character is nothing but a troll here at the behest of Watchtower Legal to stir up trouble and look for information.

Don't feed the trolls.

AlanF

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF,

He is not the only one to stir up trouble.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Alan
    Knowing that I hope Maximus considers the source and stays. I think that would be exactly what they'd love-insulting and discouraging him so that he'll leave.Thanks Alan!hugs,T
    Dear Max,
    I'm so sorry you were subjected to this verbal/psychological abuse. Please don't let this troll chase you away. Wishing you continued strength,courage and love! You are very appreciated! hugs,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Prisca
    Prisca

Anchor

Re-read what I said in my thread, whilst not letting your emotions get the best of you, and you will see what I really said.

As for Max, I have given him plenty of encouragement in the past. He has no reason to doubt my continued support.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy again,

There was a movie about 10 years ago - based on a true story of child abuse. Danny Thomas' daughter (Phil Donohue's wife) played the lead. The jist of the story was:

High up FBI agent raped, beat, etc., his own children all their years living in his house - at least the 3 girls were raped, the 2 boys beaten, (boys would never admit to more.) It was implied strongly that the mother knew. Btw, his job in the FBI was to teach courses on how to stop child molestation.

All children had problems with marriage and children when grown. One girl was mpd/did. Another frigid, several beat their own children. The oldest daughter finally bought lawsuit against father, finally along with other two sisters. The boys hated the girls for this and were violently outspoken about how they were tearing the family apart. The father throughout the courtcase pitted the grown boys against the girls.

The father never admitted any abuse. The girls were suing for his FBI pension (a first under law). The father never showed up for his courtcase. The women won the case, but I don't think ever collected any money.

One of the most troubling scenes in the movie was during the courtcase before a jury (which went on without the father present). All five adult children were in the hallway just verbally tearing each other up - passerbys were looking at them like they were crazy. Even the lawyers of the case stayed out of their way.

I think the point of the scene is that's how they communicated - through anger, hatred, hurt. That's the only way they knew how to communicate. When they were with their *own kind* - their family - then any politeness was thrown off and the rage came spewing forth at each other.

I strongly believe there's a lot of truth in that. Hurt people tend to lash out, particularily in response to other hurt people. It's what we know.

Let’s not scar each other here. If my earlier words offended anyone, I am sorry. Please accept my apology. I am tired of battle and I wish to save what strength I have for more important battles, battles for freedom of my family and my own personal freedom to think as I wish without the guilt that my former JW life imposed. - Sam Beli

Great idea.

waiting

ps: I caught Max's humor in the "autographed book" comment. But his humor is like my husband's sometimes. *whoosh*!!!!! I think that's what happened to Ginny's joke? And surely Farkel misses once in a while..... Let's see, yup! We all miss sometimes! Personally, that makes me feel better about my misses.

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

After reading this thread and some of the responses to the one from Barbara Anderson, I think we will be lucky to ever hear from her again.

If everyone would just take a deep breath here and really think, I venture to say you would see that this is playing right into the WTS hands. They will either get more info and find new stratgies on how to handle this, or they will get people like Max and Mrs Anderson so fed up with the pettiness going on here that they will leave and not give out any more info. At least here they won't which is good for the WTS because then it isn't out on the net for all to see.

Of course everyone wants to know more and to ask for more is not the problem. The problem is in the demanding they tell us more and then getting so upset when we are told it's not a good time to say more.
    I do not see this as being about cliques. I see this as using some common sense and not tipping the hand to the WTS.

I think all that are being accused of being in a clique, have shown they will give us more info when it is possible and safe to do so. Mrs. Anderson gave us some wonderful insight. Let's thank her for that instead of turning this into, who is more popular and who is not.

• Kent
    Kent

Hi Anchor

Kent, I don't think he threatened to leave, he's got to be feeling pretty damned low with all the shit thrown at him because he objects to this "crumbs from the table" insult.

Exactly! Max is allowed to be pissed off as anyone else, and he's not the only one who wonder if it's worth the time and effort - just to be attacked by idiots who will always complain no matter what we do.

The use of the word "childish" is just as you said - that's another stamp many of us get if we are pissed off and say so. I don't mean Max is childish - even though I believe it's unwise to state we are thinking of leaving the board. This because such statements only gives fuel to new attacks.

This said, I find the attacks on Max, AlanF, Farkel, Norm, JanH and myself - among others - to be just stupid. Personally I don't give a damn, but everyone isn't like me. In fact - nobody are! And I believe we should show some empathy for each other, and read what is actually being said - not only concentrationg on HOW it's said.

Personally I am grateful Max and others like him are here on the DB. They give us lots of facts and insight in subjects we othervice maybe wouldn't know. I have no special respect for anyone because he was an MS, Elder, CO or GB member - not at all! Here we are all the same. And just because of that, these people deserve the same respect as the rest of us!

Idiotic attacks about "fan-clubs" and such is too stupid to be taken seriously anyway - but unfortunately such accusations are pure gold for some assholes on the board.

Let me ask you this:
    If someone has been in a certain system for a long time - maybe still is - how would you expect this person to talk and behave? A JW elder might seem arrogant - even if that's not his meaning at all - and he might seem so because of the words used. But people use the words they are used to!. I do it, and I think everybody else as well.

Let's give each other a break, will ya? It's ok to critisize bad behaviour and pure arrogance - but everyone has the right to be pissed off when attacked without any good reason.

Yakki Da

Kent

I need mor BOE letters and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit