Turning in my elder book

by What-A-Coincidence 42 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

WAC

I know it's really hard to bite your tongue. I have to find a way each and every day. Perhaps this is one reason I come here, so I have some place to vent.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, JW's don't respect boundaries. Here are some other responses to keep in your back pocket.

"That question is a little too personal, don't you think?"

"No, I'm not going to tell you. That question is too personal." (hard stare) (I've used this to good effect)

"So, when you put on your pants this morning, did you start with your right foot or your left?"

"That is between me and Jehovah."

"I've prayed about it to Jehovah, and I am content to leave it there."

• jgnat
    jgnat

I thought about another one.

(big hug) "Thank you brother for your loving concern....what? Oh, no. I am not prepared to discuss it right now."

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I have recently been mildly interogated myself. I guess my "fall from grace" was a little too rapid to go unnoticed by the PO. So the other night he took me aside and asked me to "help him understand it." Basically, I told I deal with things privately and I really don't know how to explain it to him. And that's that. I'm not going to play their game of faux-confession because if I say anything that I really feel I will be labeled an apostate. Basically, I am giving off "leave me alone" vibes until they hopefully forget about me and move on.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

WhatACoincidence....your beak looks like more of a problem than your tongue.....

Don't give them satisfaction of turning in your Elder Book!!! You lost it and you'll try to find it, if that comes up....now go hide it somewhere safe!

Just play their little game as long as it suits YOU! They are playing their's....

Swalker

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    I am not prepared to discuss it right now."

jgnat

I like that! Gonna have put these quotes in my PDA.

thanks jgnat and others.

well it's a good thing he is moving soon - he brought me into the borg and recommended I go to bethel.

The other elders have laid off me cause they don't want to "push me" cause they realized that me leaving bethel was a traumatic shock (double the shock cause I learned about JWD). I was freakin borderline suicidal. One elder was cool (for the moment). He said take all the time you want ... 1 month 6 months 1 year. Yeah, but eventually they would have wanted me to become the P.O. Hell no I won't go.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Silence is golden. Dont say a word. Listen and take it all in like a sponge but remain silent untill you're ready to cut loose.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Tears always shut down our elders. I mean the sobbing, tear-jerking kind.

shell

• ringo5
    ringo5

2 words-chronic diarrhea.

guarantee he won't ask for details...

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Say its a personal issue, give it a few weeks and step down from being an Elder.

Being an Elder you are going to draw far more attention to your attendance and hours than you would if you were just a publisher.

Why is it that all the good humane Elders fall away ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit