Turning in my elder book

by What-A-Coincidence 42 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

I have found that if you don't tell them why you've cooled off on your club membership, they will make something up. So let them.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    damm - i think they caught me sleepin at the meeting this week... I could hear them now ... "damm, what an example x is setting after being in bethel and en elder for so long." ahh bite me!!!

Perfect!

You could use this to your advantage. Use it as proof of some physical problem. Fatigue / Depression / Lack of Concentration / Insomnia.

You don't want to be a distraction to other in attendance and you need to take care of yourself before it gets worse.

Now's your chance to bow out/fade gracefully.

-Aude.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( WAC )))

You've received some good suggestions here. I especially like the depression answer, because you can say that you are limiting your comments, association, etc because you don't want to bring others down.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Advice:

You seem to have misplaced your "Pay Attention..." book.

Think of this as Spiritual Warfare. Seriously, those elders don't have a right to truthful information about you, your personal beliefs, or their precious book.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Don't turn in the elder's book.

You should keep it for a souvenier....YOU deserve it!!!

Rule of thumb: Don't say or answer any more then you need to...that's theocratic warfare!!!

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

can i have your elder book?

df

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hey WAC. Sorry to hear you're in their sights.

I say decide ahead of time what you'll say and practice it repeatedly. Put the TMS into practice and use repetition for emphasis. Jgnat's and others comments could be useful, just make sure you're comfortable with your own party line.

As far as the book goes: keep it. Just keep it. Did I say you should keep it. Yes, keep it. In case I forgot to mention it you should keep your flock book. Yeah, don't turn in your flock book. Get a friend and turn it into a pdf.

I know how you feel and it isn't good. I don't know your family situation but they've obviously caught on that something is up. Perhaps it's time to cease and desist from meetings and service. Once you do that there is a lot less likelihood of meeting up with your old elder buddies. It takes effort on their part to contact you. You know as well as I that elders hate effort. Out of sight out of mind - well, for the most part.

Good luck.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Play the depression card!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Just lie to them.

Dismembered

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Chronic fatigue syndrome. Look it up on the internet. My brothers and my dad had it and fell asleep at the hall all the time.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit