Turning in my elder book

by What-A-Coincidence 42 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Damm! My good friend who became an elder just recently wants to invite me for service because he wants to talk about a few things with me. About what? Well ... You have not commented in months! I only see you out in service once a month! You have not been to the Sunday meetings all year long.

Damm. What do I say? Should I say, "Serving at Bethel for 10 years really let me see what goes on"? I guess if I say that I become an apostate in his eyes. Any ideas? Or should I say it's a personal issue?

This sucks. I knew it was coming. I guess it will be a good time to turn in my elder book.

I am only toughing this out cause my family is locked in the borg. This really sucks. I wish he would get approved to serve where the need is great.

Did I mention that this really sucks?

WAC

dumb elder said "Our neighbors are our enemies" and "Jehovah is gonna destroy everything" - imagine a newly interested person who would have listened to that trash? that sucks

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I'm sorry this is happening! Hopefully you will get everything figured out.

• sir82
    sir82

There's always the "feeling depressed" approach. For some odd reason, lots of JWs end up depressed, so that will sound like a viable excuse. So you could blame your lack of activity on that, and he may well have some sympathy for you. Of course, he'll say things like "you should be at the meetings, etc." Just smile sadly, and say "I'll attend when I'm able to" or some such nonsense.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Why do you have to say much at all?

You have the Dub mindset that you MUST talk when interrogated....stop it.

DO NOT give your elder book back...

You just play dumb and "play their game"...like you've been doing.

They can't do a damn thing...unless you LET THEM.

****step outside the box****

You're like a spy...keep up the good work.

u/d(of the they don't know what they don't know class)

• VM44
    VM44

Say you lost your elder's book, and then sell it on eBay!

--VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I guess it will be a good time to turn in my elder book

I would be more than happy to take that off your hands!

I could put it to very good use in my anti-witnessing activities.

Are you sure you didn't loose it????

• daystar
    daystar

That sucks!

• atypical
    atypical

I totally agree with U/D. We have been trained as witnesses that everyone has a right to know our personal business. Well, they don't. The less you say, the less he'll have to go on. Remember that he can't force you to say or admit anything. The playing dumb routine works very well. If you smile and act confused, he will have less to go on than if you act angry or smug.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Try the old, "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" routine. You know, due to being under the weather so much, you are forced to pace yourself until the new system is here.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you guys are so right. apart from being dubbed, it's a character flaw of mine of saying too much. but i have learned to control my tongue, otherwise I would have been marked as Apostate by now. You guys are freakin' awesome.

damm - i think they caught me sleepin at the meeting this week... I could hear them now ... "damm, what an example x is setting after being in bethel and en elder for so long." ahh bite me!!!

does not suck that much no more

wac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit