PAYPAL ACCOUNT SET UP FOR DONATIONS FOR LAWSUIT AGAINST THE WATCHTOWER

by SHUNNED FATHER 74 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've been pm'd with how to send anonymous money. You really wouldn't think that would be a problem eh?

Anyway I hope the lawsuit is successful and you receive the support you need.

• hubert
    hubert

Bebu, I found the "quote" that Lawrence supposedly said about a web site costing $5,000.00, (Not $7,000). It was posted by Utopian_Raindrops, and it is in Shunned fathers post called "I need your help with law suit". I think thet Utopian misquoted Lawrence, and should get this straightened out, before it gets more twisted. I don't know if Lawrence said it or not, and I apologize if I am stirring up something, but I think we need to get this matter fixed, if it needs to be.

Here's the post from that thread, by Utopian_Raindrops.

Here is a portion of what I wrote to Lawrence and then below that his response.

~~~~~~~~

I have no money save for 5 dollars as I am a single parent. Still, my daughters are artists that could if you like design tee shirts for Bethany 's cause and a Web Site for information. Bumper stickers would be most awesome!! There is cafepress.com that you could get a shop in the name of the cause for Bethany You will be starting a cause in Bethany 's name for children abused by religion. Have you had that epiphany yet? You are like the man in Texas who started EquaSearch. You are very driven for your daughter. This is Bethany 's legacy. To protect all children from the evil of domineering cults or Religions gone bad. If I were a millionaire I would help much more then offering the services of my daughters but, I am not and this is all I have. Still Who better to design Bethany ’s campaign Logos then an Ex Jw Teen (15) and Young Adult (20).

I thank you for wanting to help and I appreciate any ideas, brainstorming is good, and I like your ideas very much. I think we could get alot of peolpe involved in this to help. Please give it some extra thought and we can talk later. I do need a web site but I have been quoted $5,000 to have it set up and I do not have that kind of money. If you know someone that can do that great. I am very busy at the moment with trying to find a lawyer and will be preocupied with that for at least two weeks. If you give me your phone number I can call you later. Please do spread the word that I need money. Thanks. Lawrence ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone here have web space for ? Although For Bumper Stickers it would be best if the URL was short and simple. If anyone can help in this way please e-mail Lawrence. I e-mailed and asked him to get a pay pal account. Maybe others could e-mail him about that also.

Many Blessings everyone, U_R

I think we need to get this verified.

Hubert

• whyizit
    whyizit

All due respect to Rebel 8, but I believe you mis-read the quote. The article said that he could sue the LAWYERS that represented Bethany, her mother, and the WTS. Not that he could sue the WTS, in and of itself. Only the lawyers that represented them. But that could be a victory that would lead to change!

I understand your skepticism, though. I still feel it is worth the risk. I don't think anyone should put a lean on their house, but I think it is worth giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. He has obviously come a long way.

• hubert
    hubert

bttt

I think we should run these posts all weekend, to make sure we get maximum amount of views from everybody interested in helping. How about it?

Hubert

• rebel8
    rebel8
    All due respect to Rebel 8, but I believe you mis-read the quote. The article said that he could sue the LAWYERS that represented Bethany, her mother, and the WTS. Not that he could sue the WTS, in and of itself. Only the lawyers that represented them. But that could be a victory that would lead to change!

I understand your skepticism, though.

My question does not reflect skepticism. I was asking for clarification on contradictory information in one news article.

I am not skeptical about the facts of the case, and I've stated that several times in other posts. I am not skeptical about Shunned Father's identity either.

My actions are far from discouraging people from contributing to his cause. To the contrary, I've facilitated it (despite valid concerns that many reasonable people have about sending $ to a complete stranger). I have been personally harmed by the blood issue and believe in fighting it.

• hubert
    hubert

Rebel8, I apologize if I have given you the feeling that I think you want to hurt Lawrence's cause. I hope I didn't make you feel that way, because I had no intention of doing that. You contributed to his cause and the blood issue in general much more than I could ever do, and I appreciate that very much. I love all the posts and help you have put up in this fight.

Please keep up the excellent work. Thanks so much.

Hubert

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Hubert my post that you quoted was a direct copy and paste from my e-mail.
    As for the quoted Domain name price….it was not just for the space but, for the set up. I don’t think Lawrence is computer savvy.
    I hope he doesn’t get discouraged as he is working on a lot right now. This has not been an easy battle. I have e-mailed Lawrence the concerns posted here and hope he will get the Trust for not just now but, future battles against The Watchtower™

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I do not know SHUNNED FATHER but in this case I am willing to go out on a limb, to take a chance and contribute just on his word.

I recall many times in the Kingdom Hall when the PO would ask that we send money to the branch for some reason and I would contribute, even though I would not recognize a member of the Governing Body if they passed me on the street.

I am willing to take a leap of faith and help this poor man in his cause. Sometimes we just have to trust our fellow man, to realize that their are good people out there and that everyone is not trying to cheat you.

• Clam
    Clam

Very well said Gary.

No one is being asked to give away their life savings or anything. The blood issue is very dear to my heart and I've seen it's effect in action. I'm only too pleased to help this case even if in a very small way. All it takes is giving something up, like a CD purchase or a few beers and donating the saved money to this guy.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    No one is being asked to give away their life savings or anything.

I agree, Clam. I have read posts where SHUNNED FATHER is asked to post on this forum more often, that he should set up a trust for the money and all types of other activities that he should engage in to insure that the money is protected.

These are not bad suggestions in and of themselves, but I think we should all realize that SHUNNED FATHER is very busy with this lawsuit and all the things that it entails. He has little time to post here or to do all the things that other people want him to do. My goodness, can't we give this guy a break!

If you feel uncomfortable donating large amounts of money, then I believe that donating a small amount of money that you are comfortable with would also help.

Please, please let us not discourage anyone from sending money in any shape, manner or form that they feel comfortable with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit