Film Scenes that got burnt onto your memory

by greendawn 67 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

The scene in Saving Private Ryan, where an American is overpowered by a very strong German and killed with a knife. The scene was so real as many in that movie. That movie was very hard to watch therefore I have only seen it once. It was the type of movie that I thought was great but disturbing.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

From Pirates Of The Carribean (The Black Pearl)

Elizabeth: I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore Captain Barbossa.

Barbossa: For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh.

[steps into moonlight becoming a skeleton]

Barbossa: You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one.

I thought this scene relates to those of us that now know we were duped by the Jdub cult. Definitely a ghost story. Dismembered

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The one war movie that disturbed me that I could not watch all of was Casualties of War where the Vietamese woman gets kidnapped, raped and murdered. The murmur scene was just too brutal and graphic to ever forget.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    The torture scene from "The Dentist"

Are you referring to the tooth drilling scene in The Marathan Man with Dustin Hoffman? That scene stayed with me watching that! *shudder*

Lol...yes, thank you...that's the one! It's been a long time.

• bem
    bem

A lot of scenes from the original movie "Peyton Place".

The scene where the witch catches the scarecrow on fire in the "Wizard of Oz".

Always, the frankly Scarlett I don't give a damn... scene from "Gone With the Wind"

• calico
    calico

Deliverance---The end where the hand is coming up out of the water! I was just a kid the first time I saw that!

• Jez
    Jez

Forrest Gump's horrified face at the end of the movie when he realizes that this boy is his son. He steps backwards, puts his hand to his mouth and says, "Is, is, is he like me?" I always bawl at that part.

As the credits roll at the end of the movie, Lorenzo's oil, and they are showing real clips of boys running, playing, laughing, that would be in a vegetative state, if not for the dedication and love of Lorenzo's parents to find a cure. No matter how many times I see that, that makes me grip my hands together and want to scream in awe, joy etc.

Pleasantville entirely reminds me of what life would be like in paradise with perfect conditions. "What's at the end of Main Street?" "Why darling, the end of Main street is just the beginning again!" OR "It never changes. What's the point? It never gets any better or any worse."

The Lion King when Simba sees his father in the clouds, "Remember whoooo you are".

The Forgotten when the police woman was sucked up into the sky in a millisecond. I screamed, it shocked the hell out of me.

Meet Joe Black when Brad Pitt is walking across the street and gets hit by a car. You soooo don't expect that to happen. Very shocking.

Up the Creek without a Paddle "What happens in the cave, stays in the cave."

So many more, but I better stop. I love movies that surprise me, that twist my thinking or make me roar laughing.

Jez

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Mine was a dream-sequence in a movie called Pandaemonium. It is a fictional biography of Samuel Taylor Coleridge and his friend, William Wordsworth. Anyway, the guy had an addiction to opium and there was this one dream sequence describing his thought process during the composition of his famous poem Kubla Khan. It's sort of an obscure movie, but it is excellent for those who apreciate more off-the-wall kinda stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit