Film Scenes that got burnt onto your memory

by greendawn 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The scene from Fargo where Peter Stormare (the dumb, insane, no-conscience-at-all serial killer) sits in that cabin watching a soap opera on TV while eating cerial, and the female character in the soap says "I`m carrying your child" (or something like that), and his jaw just drops. That`s the only emotional expression he has in the whole movie, and it`s over a scene in a soap (in another scene I think he dismembers someone while they`re still alive, and he doesn`t raise an eyebrow). That was so funny.

The "breakdown-part" in Requiem for a Dream, with the classical music playing in the background.

The montage in Rocky 2, where he`s training. I was 13 years old and jogging every night for two weeks after that one, while shadow-boxing, ha ha.

The spirder-scene in the new version of The Exorcist, where the girl comes running down the stairs on all four, on her back, like a spider. Poltergeist, where the little girl is watching the TV. The intercourse-scene in Enemy at the Gates. They are doing it in a trench-like scenario, with lots of other soldiers lying around, everywhere, sleeping. But they just have to do it. It`s incredibly both erotic and romantic (which is a hard thing to accomplish, in itself) although very little skin is revealed.

All of Donnie Darko (the best movie ever made).

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Apple Dumplin' Gang - Don Knotts and Tim Conway hanging from their own rope inside the bank.

Poseidon Adventure - the upside down ballroom scene - tables hanging from the ceiling

Wizard of Oz - dancing down the yellow brick road

Star Wars - the planet being vaporized by the death-star

Plattoon - the night they were overrun by VC - that was too real

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - when they jump off the cliff

The Clint Eastwood flick when he has the nun push an arrow thru his shoulder

• jambon1
    jambon1

Schindlers list affected me for weeks.

The bit where he has the train hosed down as if he`s mocking them, when really, it saved some lives.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Music box - awesome movie. Jessica Lange is a lawyer defending her father only to realize he was guilty of Nazi War crimes and she realizes she has to turn him in.

Life of Brian - "Mother you were raped!?" she replies "well......at first....." LOL! that is like the funniest scene ever.

goonies! - I can't even count how many times I've seen that movie. Now MY kids love that movie.

upside of anger - great scene where the main character finds out why her husband left her. (don't want to ruin it for anyone)

oh man by far the most creeped out ever - the RING! the scene in the well with the finger nails in the wall, and that girl standing in the doorways. I had nightmares for days after that! lol!

Oh yeah, someone already mentioned it but the scene of the leg amputation in Gone With the Wind......saw that when I was a kid and was totally sick for days.

Also saw this scene when I was a kid and freaked me out - in ROOTS when they maim Toby by hacking at his feet so he can't run away again. horrible.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

From Scent of a Woman

Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too f....n' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are... executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not a Bairdman. Bairdmen. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, F... YOU TOO!

Dismembered

• daystar
    daystar

And the people, the people, the people...

• Dune
    Dune

A couple of movies come to mind:

American history X : The scene where Edward Norton kills the two guys that tried to strip his truck.I dont think anyone can convey hate and defiance like he did in those few moments while he was kneeling to be arrested.

Pulp Fiction: My first rated R movie. The rape seen really made me queezy, since then i have no problem with the R's but i still find that scene very disturbing.

THX1138 - The scene where 1138 and the hologram are in the room and the android police officer knocks on the door and says

The door seems to be jammed. Please check the lock on your side.

It was just creepy.
  • Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Jenny Agutter running around naked in Walkabout. First naked woman I saw.

The beach scene in Saving Private Ryan

The survivors placing stones as a memorial to those who died at the end of Schindler's List

The"little girl" in the yellow rain coat turning around to show her real face in Don't Look Now

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Titanic: Scene the evening before the ship sank

BlessedStar

• greendawn
    greendawn

Another scene I recall well is in the great drama film the Green Mile where Tom Hanks prepares the execution of Michael Duncan whom he personally liked and knew that he was not guilty of the crime he was accused of. But as a prison warden had no choice but to carry out his duty. That was the really upsetting part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit