JW's- Have they lost their ability to think?

by Vitameatavegamin 99 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

how is it that "you know how it is" yet i continue to have my responsibilites.

r u resorting to calling me a liar via b.s., because your experience and those of others havent been the same as mine?

how sad

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

The only reason an individual could maintain responsibilities and persist in "rebellious behavior" like beating up elders is by leading a double life.

First, you exercise your secret desires, despite administrative restraint because of your instinct for freedom of expression. Next, you satisfy your insecurities and need for acceptance by providing obedience and conformity to the organization, and then justify the subconscious struggle in your psyche by posting "a la braggadocio" in this forum.

You are now an authority! Rule with supremacy inside the kingdom of your mind and man the gates before wisdom and truth and freedom mount their attack and lay siege to your fortress of platitude!

• dubla
    dubla

nytel-

quote: how is it that "you know how it is" yet i continue to have my responsibilites.

-so youre saying some congregations handle it differently than others? lol, WOW, thanks for the new insight. of course some congregations/elders handle it one way, and some handle it another way. this is a form of SECTS. the jw religion claims to be the only one that is uniform it its beliefs/practices, but your posts here are just showing us the exact opposite. most (not all) would agree (i sound like a broken record), that the congregation is STRONGLY encouraged to avoid associations with the world. correct? (im still waiting for an answer on this one). so, again, when this is overlooked in some cases, (such as scmoozing) or even practiced in some cases by elders (having "wordly mates"), is this or is this not hypocrisy? and AGAIN ill ask, is this simply a concience matter, whether or not to heed the counsel from the podium?

• Hojon
    Hojon
    r u resorting to calling me a liar via b.s., because your experience and those of others havent been the same as mine?

Liar? No. Apologist? Yes.

I am sure you are stretching things though. Tell me this, if they are so accepting of worldly people what would happen if you started dating a Catholic girl? Or an athiest? Would you still have your responsibilities? Would you not catch hell for it?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

nytelecom1

You certainly are forbidden to associate with "Apostates", disfellowshipped or disassociated ones. But you feel that it's ok to do that. How do you reconcile that. Don't you feel you are breaking God's law?

If you are so up front with your elders, unlock your e-mail and use your real name.

Or does Jehovah make exceptions in your case?

Perhaps in your next service meeting item you can tell everyone about this forum so that the sheep under your care can join in the fun.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

In fact are you seriously telling us that the elders know you are here?

I think not.

I think you do hide this association from them.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I know he does because I HAVE TO HIDE MY IDENTITY due to family considerations.

I insist on NOT making the same catastrophic, bombastic, whirwind, hell-bent, bumbling entrance into freedom as I did when I joined the WTBS.

This time I am in control and the process will be smooth and well planned.

• Stacey
    Stacey

The Jdubs that I dislike the most are the ones that live double lives that brag about being able to get away with it. While most slave for the organization with black and white, they get away with GREY. They can have their cake and eat it too. They consider themselves better because they can get away with having a personality, yet still be a jdub. I think many who think this way look down on others even in their own congregations, as following sheep. Why? Because they are unique and can think apart. What? Think apart? Would that not be independent thinking? Or wait, would that not be hypocrisy?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Sad really....

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Nicely said Stacey!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Notice that NYTELECOM1 has not responded. Perhaps he will return later or he has departed. I believe a defense would have been futile, pyrrhic at best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit