JW's- Have they lost their ability to think?

by Vitameatavegamin 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hello again!

I seriously ask this question in light of some ridiculous experiences I have had in recent times. Here is an example:

A while back,a freind of mine purchased a new home. A housewarming party was planned for her. Well, the person hosting the party recieved several phone calls from invited guests. An Elders wife called and said that she would not be able to attend because the party was called a "housewarming" , and this name has pagan roots(or something). Anyway, her Elder husband told her she could not attend unless they changed the name of the party!!! Have you ever heard of such ridiculousness??? Then, to add insult to injury to the gal and her husband that bought the home, a few others who were invited called and wanted to know if "worldly" people would be attending.(her husband is not a JW-she is) This poor sister had already been through some rough times in the cong. because she is married to a "worldly"man.

Anyway,a few in the cong. were actually concerned about attending a party where a few"worldly" people might be. They reasoned that Cong. functions were not to include worldly people. For one thing, this was not a cong. gathering- it was a private party in a home- for another, why should this poor girl be penalized some more because her husband is non JW?? As it is, he has no use for witnesses anyway. This crap will just reinforce his feelings.(she married before she was JW).

My rambling point is that because the society says certain things, JWs take it and run with it. When you may read something in a mag. or book, you have to figure out where and when something would apply. Not just used as " blanket " reasoning for everything, kind of a "one size fits all" attitude.

These ridiculous JWs obviously cannot think for themselves. In their quest to always "give a good witness", all they accomplished here was making jackasses out of themselves. The worldly part of the family I'm sure were not impressed.

This is only one example of brainless reasoning I have experienced for many years. I have had the phrase " the society says " quoted to me so many times. I feel like if I hear it again, I will scream!

God created us with a brain for a reason. We were created as free agents,so to speak. I will repeat what I have said before, If we lose our ability to think and reason, where are we then??

Looking forward to your thoughts on the subject. Thanks again!!

• LDH
    LDH

UMMMMMMMM aren't you the same one who is anti-gay because the "Bible tells you so?"

This is a question that you need to ask while looking directly into the nearest mirror.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"Have they lost their ability to think?"

No, they know precisely where it is. It is in the cloakroom
    of the hall. You can't get into the auditorium if you are wearing
    it.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Enough already on the whole gay thing! If people around here cant express their views, what is our point! If I dont agree with homosexuality, it is my business. you go on with yours.

• JT
    JT

"V" says

For one thing, this was not a cong. gathering- it was a private party in a home-

#####This is the assumption that a Normal person would conclude, but not members of a High Control group such as JW

ALL FUNCTIONS HELD BY JW FALL UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE ELDERS per the FDS bottom line- please keep that in mind- while i agree with you 100% in the world of WT it doesn;t work that way

#########

for another, why should this poor girl be penalized some more because her husband is non JW?? As it is, he has no use for witnesses anyway. This crap will just reinforce his feelings.(she married before she was JW).

######once again you are correct , but in the world of wt it doesn't work that way-

Has he studied with the brothers and never made "Progress"
    then he gets the shaft treatment- sad but true- not always, but too many times

My rambling point is that because the society says certain things, JWs take it and run with it. When you may read something in a mag. or book, you have to figure out where and when something would apply.

#####once again we both agree , but in wt world it ain;t how it works- the wt has learned over the years not to give out anymore DIRECT YES AND NO ANSWERS so they give out LEADING QUESTIONS

Would a "Mature christian attend a function with worldly folks?

well there is no yes or no answer given, but tell me if a "Loyal JW can't figure it out

as JC Howard my old DO used to say

WHAT WAY IS THE SOCIETY LEANINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

SMILE

These ridiculous JWs obviously cannot think for themselves.

##### They are not SUPPOSE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES do you not recall all the articles on THE DANGERS OF INDEPENDENT THINKING smile

In their quest to always "give a good witness", all they accomplished here was making jackasses out of themselves.

#######at least we both agree on the above

I have had the phrase " the society says "

##### o yes being a FORMER SOCIETY MAN I USED THat PHRASE MANY TIMES

james

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    Enough already on the whole gay thing! If people around here cant express their views, what is our point! If I dont agree with homosexuality, it is my business. you go on with yours.

me smells somethng funny...

why not let the opinions on a few JW's be......why dont you let
    them "go with yours" as you put it.

As much as you refuse to admit it. There is no "dont associate" with wordly people rule. To the extent that each dub chooses..it is his choice. I often gather at a bar with a few ex-coworkers. and GASP..
    none of them are dubs.

Do you think the witnesses were trying to impress "the worldly family"

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Nytelecom1,

What the heck are you talking about??

• dubla
    dubla

nytelecom-

many things are "conscience" matters....but id suggest very strongly that going out for drinks with "wordly" people would surely fall under the umbrella of "bad associations spoil useful habits." but yes, you are correct, following the societys counsel isnt neccesarily a requisite in all cases; in this case you simply choose not to heed the counsel from the podium. (saying, "it isnt a rule" is merely a cop out. many do this so they can have their cake and eat it too). hypocrisy is very common among jws, so dont feel too bad about it.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

nytelecom and all-

quote: why not let the opinions on a few JW's be......

-"a few jw's" is a false statement. as far as my experiences have been, and thats all the surrounding congregations here (indiana), the "no wordly people" at a function "rule"(your word nytel) is indeed a blanket teaching from the society. ive seen many a function not only frowned upon and boycotted by the elders, but also elders meetings and reprimands following the function(s). of course, maybe its different where nytel lives than the rest of the world. anyone else have similar experiences to share on the topic?

aa

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Nytelecom1,

Just trying to figure out you're position: are you a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit