What's for Supper?

by Frannie Banannie 74 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Homemade chili with sweet cornbread ........ and honey-butter for the cornbread. MMMM

My daughter and I had it last night and she just *loves* the musical she produces after eating beans .... ahh the joys of being 4 and potty humor!!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Tonight it was leftover spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. My homemade Italian sause of course. Yum.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Homemade chili with sweet cornbread ........ and honey-butter for the cornbread. MMMM

My daughter and I had it last night and she just *loves* the musical she produces after eating beans .... ahh the joys of being 4 and potty humor!!

Sounds DELISH, Sally. I've been thinking about making a pot of chili con carne. LOL! I taught my g/daughters the "Beans, beans, the musical fruit" poem....heheh

I read a recipe recently that was for a Mexican Pizza, using cornbread as the crust and topped with chili without beans, tomatoes, olives, pickled jalapenos slices and cheese...mmmmmmm

Tonight it was leftover spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. My homemade Italian sause of course. Yum.
    YUMMY, Ironclaw! I do a homemade sauce, too. I plan on making some later this week, using my homemade Italian sausage shortcut. For tonite, it's gonna be chicken fettucini Alfredo.
  • Ellie
    Ellie

Just a very simple roast turkey tonight with potatoes and greens, I have been eating processed cheese slice and beetroot sandwiches all day, yuk, must be the pregnancy to blame.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Tonight it was stew ...... tomorrow pork chops in mushroom gravy!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Beef stroganoff and salad, and Zinfandel. Yummy!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Frannie,

My grandmother was Italian and could cook out of this world. Everything was made with tomatos..which I hate except in sauces..

I was only 11 when she died and I always wished she had wrote a cook book!

She made her own pasta..raviloi..noodles..etc. Her Italian pork chops were out of this world. They would fall apart in your mouth and so delicious.

Darn Darn Darn...................I've tried so hard to duplicate some of her dishes to no avail...

I hope you have wrote down some of them for your children and grandchildren.

Like one of the other posters..I like to eat my big meal midday...Today leftover chicken parmaesan and a salad w/ a blue cheese dressing recipe I wanted to try..ugh!..I ended up slapping some of my Italian dressing on it to cover up the taste..Oh yeah..and steamed carrots..boring..but good...

I don't like anything in my mashed potatoes but butter and salt and pepper and milk or cream..my daughter put too much garlic in hers one time and I still gag thinking about it.

Funny how things stay with you like that. Same thing with Worcheshire sauce..hubby put too much in something one time..now I can't stand to even smell it!..

Thanks for the dinner ideas..and thanks for mentioning salmon croquettes. I haven't had them for a long time..sounds good!

Snoozy Q..

• GentlyFeral
  • GentlyFeral
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow you people eat some cool stuff (leftovers) but some of you are soo daggy ..lol

since this thread started I've supped at least twenty times possibly thirty ..

.. home made pasties, pepper-steak with steamed veggies and mushroom gravy, gourmet pizzas, several loafs of bread, pepper-steak with steamed veggies and mushroom gravy, a large box of cornflakes, two packs of chocolate biscuits, pepper-steak with steamed veggies and mushroom gravy, a large MacDonald's oz burger meal with diet coke and a large man's rump covered in mushrooms and gravy (a big thick steak they serve at Tathra pub – don't worry, they cook large ladies rumps too).

unc chew'n leftover chicken (cooked by a Kentucky colonel)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit