What's for Supper?

by Frannie Banannie 74 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Pork pieces in stroganoff sauce which is made with butter, white wine, cream, tomato paste, mushrooms, garlic and onions. To be eaten with rice.

• Jez
    Jez

Homemade pizza with 1/2 the side for kids and 1/2 for mom and dad.

I think tonight it is going to be pizza salami, cheese, tomatoes, onions, olives, fresh mushrooms, and pineapple.

Sometimes I do a cornbread pizza base, cook it, then you add on top everything that would normally go into a taco. (beef, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, lettuce, salsa, sour cream etc) Cut it into slices and then it is like a pizza.

We should do a cookbook and sell it, give the profits to silentlambs.

Jez

• snarf
    snarf

I am gonna try and mimic the seafood chowder I had daily on my trip to Ireland this past fall. I miss it.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Cod, but I have no idea what I'm doing to it yet. I'll also have peas and a baked yam.

Fried chicken, corn on the cob, mac and cheese

Yummy!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I just made some dough for pizza, using Wolfgang Puck's dough recipe. Hope it tastes ok. There is a little honey in it to feed the yeast, but I'm worried it will be sweet.

I wanted to have coffee bars for dessert (from the JWD recipe book), but they just came out of the oven and are horrible. I think there's an ingredient missing! Darn. They sounded good too.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Cod, but I have no idea what I'm doing to it yet. I'll also have peas and a baked yam.
    Fried chicken, corn on the cob, mac and cheese
    Yummy!

Your eating much healthier than I though! LOL

• Jez
    Jez
    from the JWD recipe book

wait a minute, there already IS one!!!!!

How do I get one???

Jez

• carla
    carla

Rebel,

Wolfgang's recipe if good and not sweet. I use it all the time. I switched for awhile then everybody asked what happened to the good crust recipe? So, back to Wolfgang's.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Jez

I donated some $ to Simon for JWd expenses and he emailed me the recipe book (pdf). You could check with Lady Lee too, I think she created the book. It has some awesome recipes in it--and a lot too. I collect recipes & I love it. Today's flop was the first recipe that was less than stellar--as I said I think an ingredient was left off the list accidentally--overall it's a great book. (I've bought recipe books from professional chefs and there are errors in those too sometimes.) Caught my wierdo kitten eating it.....just what she needs...caffeine and sugar!

*off to taste Wolfgang Puck's pizza crust recipe now--smells good*

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Black bean and tvp burritos topped with chopped roma tomatoes, black olives, sour cream, and jalepenos.

I'm on a low calorie diet of about 900 calories/day and this is one of my favorites.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit