What Things Did You Think Were "Demonized"?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I was made to burn a Duran Duran tape because it had the word demon in one of the songs.

Actually any music my mom didn't like suddenly became demonized.

I do remember being scared to death of demons. I would pray every night not to see one. Man what a messed up kid I was.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    I can remember listening to a radio program with my mother about strange luminous balls of fire coming out of kitchen appliances called ball lightening

I've actually seen this stuff... a once in a lifetime event, but it was from an airplane, not in my kitchen. Cool beyond explaining...

Pretty much anything that was a no-no was classified as demonized. Music, tv, movies, games etc etc etc.

The concept that yoga was demonized scared me as a kid. The thought that stilling your mind would allow demons in was pretty disconcerting. I can remember thinking about it in reciting scriptures over and over in my head so that it wouldn't be still and allow demons to come in. Does that make any sense?

I can remember certain Disney movies were big no-no's. Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty etc... anything with witches or magic.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

remember that alcohol, drugs, and television leave your mind blank and thus make you more susceptible to demon attacks!!

For me, toy guns, Lucky Charms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and my grandparents were dmonized.

• daystar
    daystar

Monchichis!!!

alt

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Hmmmmmmm, lets see here are a few,

smurfs

toasting your glass

saying bless you after a sneeze

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was told that I was demonized because I had the habit of biting my fingernails.

W

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What Things Did You Think Were "Demonized"?

my penis, when i was about 17. it did the weirdest things, and even spoke to tongues.

sincerely,

TS

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

The only thing I personally thought would bring demonic influence while growing up was drugs... As for my parents they assumed anything I liked was demonized; music, skateboards, etc....

these days, I smoke 2 joints before I smoke 2 joints, & then I smoke 2 more

,Mike

• TopHat
    TopHat

I did something really, really stupid! My Mother gave me the American Flag that lay on my Fathers coffin when he died. I saved it for years but finally it was thrown out...I THINK! I don't remember throwing the Flag out but do remember how the witchtower drumed into us about being nutural and not giving honor to other nations. I had it in a box full of memories of my Father. We did some spring cleaning one year and the box was really beat up from years of moving around and so forth. So I am thinking maybe it was thrown out with piles of other stuff.

So would the American Flag be Demonized? My husband has the Flag flying outside and little flags all over the flower beds and driveway. When the witnesses use to visit and I was still in but fading I would apoligize for the flags. Now of course the Dubs think I am demonizied for leaving the Borg because of the pedophlie and Malawe/Mexico issues.

• Swan
    Swan

Tikis and totem poles!

We had a project in grade school (I lived in Alaska) where we each wrote a story and then made a totem pole out of egg cartons, painted them, and then got up in front of the class and read the story aloud while showing off our totem pole. Imagine my horror when I took my totem pole home and was told it was demonized! Fortunately it caught fire right away when it was thrown into the burn barrel, unlike a lot of those demon possessed objects back then that refused to burn.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit