What Things Did You Think Were "Demonized"?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

EVERYTHING, when I was growing up was connected to "demonism". Handwriting analysis was borderline. Wind chimes would bring the demons right to your porch!

• Brigid
    Brigid
    Hey, I forgot about the windchimes Ha!! That one was hilarious. We'd see them out in field service and shudder. Also off limits were smurfs (mine got burned on the back porch while praying to jehovah), Count Chocula cereal, Frankenberries and the one with the ghost. Too much to mention--the demons were EVERYWHERE!! Always trying to get into our "happy" home via garage sale stuff, hand me downs, used cars....

Thanks for the laugh!

~Brigid

• minimus
    minimus

Bewitched was out of the question but not I Dream Of Jeannie.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Pretty much NOTHING was off limits...

For being "gods" people....the Dubs sure have a penchant for fear of the deemunz.

So much for divine protection...and what a great psychological tool to keep the masses in line...

Fear is a great motivator...........

u/d(of the ain't fraid of nuthin but the IRS and Carnies class)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    the one with the ghost

How can you forget BOOOOBERRY!! LOL

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

When I was growing up on the Lie, I can remember listening to a radio program with my mother about strange luminous balls of fire coming out of kitchen appliances called ball lightening. It was all very weird and scary. My mother was adament that it was the demunz and we had to be strong in the truff and it wouldn't happen to us. Frightened the bejesus outta me as a kid.

Anyway, it ain't dem pesky demons as it just been reproduced using a (possessed?) microwave:

http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/060223_ball_lightning.html

• Brigid
    Brigid

BOOOOBERRY

Thanks! I did not get to taste these until I was an adult. Not so much. I'm sure I would've loved those sugar saturated cereals when I was a kid, though.

~Brigid

• Krystal
    Krystal

Oija Board

Milton Bradley, those demon possesed bastards making kids games!

Don't forget about Harry Potter!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Once my sister was accused of wearing a possessed head scarf that she bought used. The person who accused my sister was of the anointed and a little off her rocker anyway, but she said my sister's clothes might be possessed because my sister said something silly and then said "I don't know why I said that" and then the person said "Where did you get that scarf"

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

OMG and let's not forget all the Oija Board stories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit