What Things Did You Think Were "Demonized"?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I used top think very little was minimus -but there was one sister in a congregation I was once in and she literally thought everything was demonized. I remember a dog barking at us on the ministry and she just shrugged and said "That dog is demonized"

• stillajwexelder
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

(of the my penis speaks to tongues too class)
    LOL

• pmouse
    pmouse

Troll dolls! I loved them as a kid, then my mother got involved with the witlesses...I had to throw them out. Stayed afraid of them throughout my 30's...Finally at 50, I now see the "light"...pun intended.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Anything that came from the house of anyone who was not a JW in good standing might be demonized... big no-no.

Anything that came from a yard sale, because you could never know......

Any books published by or about any other religious organization, or about witchcraft or anything in that vein.

My mother even threw out her King James Bible because it might be demonized!

I had a friend as a kid who loved to tell stories about all kinds of demonized objects that wouldn't burn. The best story she told was of the coat that hung in the lobby of the KH for months. Since the KH was shared by many congregations, everyone thought that the coat belonged to someone in another congregation, and so it remained there for a long time. But lo and behold, the 'spirituality' of the congregations in that hall began to decrease, and the 'brothers' finally traced the cause to.... you guessed it... that coat! So they took it outside and tried to burn it, but - guess what! - it wouldn't burn! Oh my oh my, it was demonized! I don't remember the details, but they involved gasoline and some such nonesense and the coat finally burned and the congregation grew and everyone lived happily ever after.

How could I ever have believed any of this stuff?

GGG

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

writing on my hand and humming to myself were sure signs of demon possession.led zepplin,loud laughing, bewitched and any christmas special.even,'the waltons'a christmas special"...lol

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My mother even threw out her King James Bible because it might be demonized!

Even though the WTS used that transaltion for over 70 years LOL

• lowden
    lowden

Oh...my...god...whoever that is!!! Just read Going GG's post about the coat in the KH. What...a bunch...of freaks. This has been the best question since i joined the forum. Brilliant!! It's all true though...the lock that this freeeeeky superstition had on us all. There's one in a yearbook...maybe 2000 that tellls of a bethel somewhere that had demon trouble. They traced it to a coin that had been 'nailed' to the floor by some previous owner. When it was removed ...the demon trouble stopped. Why did i believe this ......somebody hit me in the head with a MALLET.

Peace

Lowden

• Darth Yhwh
  • still angry
    still angry

This thread is hilarious...I lost all my stuffed unicorns, and anything else magical. Countless Motley Crue albums were destroyed, only to reappear! I, of course, insisted that I had nothing to do with it.

Enya had to bite the dust because apparently people listened to it to get in touch with the devil. All that weird music, after all, was very sinister.

Also, there was a sister that always told the story how she got second hand furniture from her possessed mother, and was repeatedly raped by demons until one night she pushed all the furniture into the street and burned it. Her neighbors must've loved that one.

My mom even tried to convince me that my brother was possessed and tried to kill her with a knife. Basically, it all boiled down to the fact that my brother had a hidden hunting knife that my mom caught him looking at in his room. It was forbidden, so of course, he was possessed.

I had forgotten about the cereal, that was a biggie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit