What Things Did You Think Were "Demonized"?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Quite frankly, Mini, I was scared s**tless when my study conductor, a Bethelite sent to our small northeastern town in NY told me, after I shared how I always looked under my bed and in my closet before I went to bed, "stop looking. because, someday, you are going to find what you've been looking for." SCARED THE BEJESUS OUTTA ME! Oh, and I was only 14 years old. When I think about how thousands of us have and are still being taken advantage of by the WTS through our deepest fears, it makes my blood boil.

• delilah
    delilah

My daughter had the entire collection of "Goosebumps" novels, and one of the elders kids in our hall made such a fuss about it, the elder said we should burn them....so we did. D'OH!!!!

We used to think an uncle was possessed, because he loved to dwell on all things relating to the devil, and he had some freaky stories to tell. I still think, to this day, that he may have something psychologically wrong with him.

• whyizit
    whyizit

I was told that if you had a flag outside of your house, it would keep the JWs from kocking and leaving stuff at your door. But, amazingly, after 9-11 and all the flags EVERWHERE, I heard they changed their mind and told their people that it was okay to go to those doors after all. I guess people who don't want woke up Sat. morning and handed a WT magazine had better get some wind chimes or a Smurf wreath, eh?! The flag remedy isn't working any more. Ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit