Oppression of Women

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting1
    waiting1

Howdy Shaneliza,

Nice to meet you.

You give the impression that you believe women are empty-headed pieces of fluff who couldn't make a sane decision if their lives depended on it, and that men are our saviors, ready to shelter us from the tough calls in life. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

Naaaaaa, don't be too rough on Moe. Every woman should know by now that men aren't our saviors - we have other ways to entertain ourselves.

Moe started a thread about something else and it just backfired a little. We've all done that trick before! Dave said it best up above (on page 2 I believe). Maybe go back and read it again? Made me sit back and chuckle.

You young people just get bent waaaaay out of shape too fast.

waiting

• waiting1
    waiting1

Hey moe,

Enjoy your vacation and your suntan!

waiting

• seven006
    seven006

Moe,

you should proof what you just wrote. You said that "god created women as a help mate and companion to women."

Well, you sure got that right. It's nice to see you have made some progress today.

Have a nice vacation and be sure to take pictures, I kinda like that woman on woman stuff.

Big hug,

Dave

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Dave - Dooof! LOL I am packing right now - in a bit of a rush. Later all!

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Good point!!

In recent times this issue has been on my mind. Last year at a circuit assembly, my cousin( a woman), was a volunteer to help keep the restrooms clean. She had a few complaints about the way the whole thing was run. Says it was somewhat disorganized. But, the sisters are not allowed to head up anything!! Even a stupid cleaning Dept.!!
    ( I had suggested that they look into allowing sisters to do this).

I have heard the scripture used about women remaining silent in the cong. But how far is too far?? I don't understand why women are treated as if they are lesser than a brother. Generally, women have very good organizational skills. Why are they not used? If JWs are going to go to the length of keeping sisters in "lowly" positions", then I suppose they should not have management positions in their jobs, or for that matter be in charge of anything at all!! It makes no sense. It's like they are not that highly respected in the Cong.

I feel sisters are discriminated against simply because they are women. Very unfair. Does God himself expect this?? Just wondering. By the way, men can be very organized as well , did not mean to imply they are not. It just makes me ill that us women are not allowed to explore our full potential within the cong. Really unfair. The whole head covering thing I think is arcaic to say the least. Looking forward to you're thoughts!

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

*****************I'd still rather have a woman decide important issues on or off the rag than a man with a hard-on.****************

Whats that old saying?

A hard D**K has no concience? or maybe it was no brains...oh gosh, I think it was both!

My opinion is: Marriage should be a partnership. Issues should be thoroughly discussed and then a decision should be mutually agreed on. Male and female come from the same place, are born in the same way. The male is the protector, hence the larger size and strength. The woman is the nurturer, hence the softness. They both bring thier own magic to the relationship.

Am I happy at home? You bet your boots baby!

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Would you want the typical female (not your ideal female, typical female) to make a world altering choice if she is on the rag?

It would depend on how badly the rest of her life sucks.

No, seriously. The only times in my life when I've had anything like PMS were all when everything else was crappy as well -- when we were homeless, when I had serious problems with self-respect, when I was afraid I didn't have "Jehovah's favor" -- these were times when my period brought skewed notions of life, and a short fuse. When everything was going well, the only notice I got of an oncoming period was when the cramps started.

Gently Feral

• Shaneliza
    Shaneliza

I will agree that some women do go mental while they're on their periods, but they do not make up the majority of the female species. That is a medical problem that can be dealt with by having a visit with your family doctor.

As far as your religious convictions , MrMoe, you are totally entitled to them, if it works for you that is really great. It just doesn't work for me and I would probably be correct in saying it doesn't work for alot of women.

• blondie
    blondie

I think women and men are equally capable of developing good organizational skills...it's your background and training and interest that determines what you can do with it.

Why are women held back...

Well, in the Bible Eve supposedly was the first woman who took some initiative....and women have been punished ever since.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Vitameatavegamin says----

"She felt that the sisters should be able to head up the cleaning dept. as they are better organized for this kind of thing."

Sorry, but this makes my skin crawl...why are sisters better able to head up the CLEANING dept.??? I think they should be heading up the GB!!

April

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit