Oppression of Women

by MrMoe 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Again, the JWs are only following what is sexist counsel from the Apostle Paul. From your opening line I would say you're still influenced by it as well (as has been pointed out by others here).

Personally, I would count your blessings and enjoy being a free woman who is no longer involved in a religion that holds you down-just because you are a woman.

Path

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Unlike your marriage MrMoe. At times, maybe the husbands know what better for their wives.

• logical
    logical

Jesus said to treat others as you would expect to be treated.

Now, if men who claim to be Christian decide to withhold certain things from women, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN, then those men should NOT be able to do those things either. Otherwise, they are hypocrites. There would be an uproar if they were told they couldnt do things because they are MEN.

• LDH
    LDH

Claudia, just a side point. There are a ton of different types of Muslim religions. When you say you hate Muslims, I would take that to mean you hate the Radical form of Muslim religion that most often gets the press coverage.

Mr Moe, God gave me two arms, legs, and a brain that works just as good as my husband's. Sometimes HE gives in, sometimes I give in. The Bible was written by a bunch of old dried up patriarchs that wanted nothing more than three or four women and a coupla hundred sheep. Whatever.

Hopefully you will soon see that a well educated well adjusted human being doesn't need anyone else to think for them.

Lisa

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy moe,

But, if two people want to do 2 different things and they both agree with the other (just prefer htier own ideas) then I am all for a more logical choice, rather than a choice based upon heart.

Just because someone is logical, doesn't mean he/she is right. Just because someone is choosing to recognize their emotion input doesn't mean he/she is wrong.

Lord, there are countless examples of either side. My husband loves old cars, will baby them, cherish them, spend thousands more than they're worth. Logically, I think he should sell them and invest in something with a better return. But he loves them and the idea of what they *could* be.

It's give and take which makes a marriage imho. Not who makes the decisions or who is logical or who is heartfelt. It's a blending of these characteristics that makes a person mature into a balanced person. We all need to learn logic and to listen to our heart - that way we balance ourselves.

waiting

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

No, I am not warped into a 50's line of thought. I am honest with the laws of nature. Sad to say, but many women are too sensitive to become leaders and make tough choices. Please read this again:

"But, if going truly by the bible - husbands - according to God are to love thier wives as much as themselves. If this was truly the case, every final decision made by a husband would never make thier wives do something they do not want to do."

and this...

"But, the husband according to God is supposed to love his wife as his own flesh. If I love someone as much as I love myself and I was not selfish, then I would never make somebody do something they do not want to do."

Ladies, admit it, if your husband says to do it and is a very serious matter, you do it, don't you? And the same with husbands, too.

The point is, love is NOT SELFISH - choices are made based upon everyone's feelings and not only the man's.

In most homes, the husbands control the money, make choices on where to live, how the kids are disciplined, if they can buy that mini-van or not and so on. But, I do know this is not always the case. Not all men are born leaders, some women are born leaders.

• Tina
    Tina

I can't believe what I'm reading here!
    Somebody upholding the biblical patriarchal notion of male supremacy,yet complains - then states they won't do something if not in agreement,is pretty damned confused about the whole issue. Tina

• LDH
    LDH

Moe,

Are you sure those are the laws of nature you're honest with? Sounds more like the laws of a male-dominant and male-socialized society.

Nature teaches that both species are EQUALLY important. Right from conception. Conception does not exist without male/female involvement.

Women and men have different gifts, and one set is not more valuable than the other set.

I don't know you, and yet I feel sorry for you. You are talking like my 70-something aunts that don't even know how to pump their own gas because 'it's a man's job.'

Lisa

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

OK< PLEASE RE-READ - I totally hate being misunderstood:

"The point is, love is NOT SELFISH - choices are made based upon everyone's feelings and not only the man's."

and

"But, if going truly by the bible - husbands - according to God are to love thier wives as much as themselves. If this was truly the case, every final decision made by a husband would never make thier wives do something they do not want to do."

and this...

"But, the husband according to God is supposed to love his wife as his own flesh. If I love someone as much as I love myself and I was not selfish, then I would never make somebody do something they do not want to do."

I never said you had to feel the way I do. It just so happens that I DO wear the pants in our family. I make ALL of the choices. But, when my husband says that is the way it is, then he is dead serious. And I listen to him.

If you love someone, truly love them, then you are in subjection to them, male and females BOTH.

I have that veiwpoint regarding my husband because I love my husband and I respect him. The same could be said for him. He tells everyone I run the house because I run the house with love. So, he could say "Men should let women make the final choice becasue it is made out of love." Either way, we respect eachother.

Love is not selfish and it is not always my way or the highway - it should never be that way.

Husband are not the "head" of thier wives but they are usually considered the man of the house.

• claudia
    claudia

Ldh, I didnt say I hate muslims, just the religion. I think many muslims lie to "outsiders" about what they do and do not do. And fred, your mind is warp not mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit